Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

What do you think of my new author icon?

I came into this world in the 1950's, and toward the end of that decade I started collecting coins, found a 1909-s in circulation and watched “The Howdy Doody Show” on our round, black-and-white television set. I doubt I ever paused to imagine what Mr. Doody or the other characters might actually look like in living color, and I certainly didn’t really understand death.

Now, half a century later, we live in a technicolor world that routinely rejects black-and-white images (but sadly NOT black-and-white thinking). Now that I have lots of uncirculated and proof Lincoln cents and DO understand my mortality, I just wish I could go back in time to when I used to loudly sing the theme song along with the TV screen: “It’s Howdy DOODY time...”
I am not kidding,

G99G
I collect 20-slab, blue plastic PCGS coin boxes. To me, every empty box is like a beating heartimage NOT.

People come up sometimes, and ask me, G99G, are you kidding? And I answer them no, I am NOT KIDDING.

Every empty box?
C'mon!

Comments

• renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see it as a "where coins go to die" statement, as in "once you buy them, we'll never get another chance."

At least not in this lifetime.

Hey kids! What time is it?
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes, Buffalo Bob, Clarabell, Flubadub, Chief Thunderthud and Mr. Bluster. What a crew. Who can forget those childhood memories!!
  • I just updated mine as well i bought this coin from cohodk its a nice one

• << <i>Buffalo Bob, Clarabell, Flubadub, Chief Thunderthud and Mr. Bluster >>

And Princess Summerfall Winterspring, too.

Oh, and the Peanut Gallery ... it's Howdy Doody time!!!
    I am not kidding,

G99G
    I collect 20-slab, blue plastic PCGS coin boxes. To me, every empty box is like a beating heartimage NOT.

People come up sometimes, and ask me, G99G, are you kidding? And I answer them no, I am NOT KIDDING.

Every empty box?
    C'mon!
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Born in 1949, I loved Howdy Doody...many years later I got to participate in the Buffalo Bob Revival Show while in college. Needless to say I won the trivia contest and the giant Tootsie Roll!! Buffalo Bob finally got me on this question: "What was Flubadub's original name?" Yes, you guessed it, the answer was "Flubadub!" ... the bummer was that the giant Tootsie Roll was filled with little rolls...for 25 years I always thought that sucker was a solid piece of candy!!!!! Still, the show was one of the high points of my young life! Bob was "da man."imageimage

If only I had sat in the original Peanut Gallery just one time.....
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
    At least Rich didn't use Pinky Lee for an avatar.image

• << <i>At least Rich didn't use Pinky Lee for an avatar. >>

No, but I do wonder if the Grim Reaper is wearing a Peggy Lee wig under his hood
    I am not kidding,

G99G

Every empty box?
    C'mon!
  • garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    what r u trying to say?

It's howdy doody time to die image
  • EarlycoinEarlycoin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Earlycoin

My E-Bay Stuff

• << <i>image >>

If anyone can tell me what I've been DYING to know for a long time is if there's any kind of name-plus-picture index to be found somewhere of what each emoticon stands for? It must have taken me a good 10 minutes of guessing to figure out that the name for this emoticon image is "groupsmile."
    I am not kidding,

G99G

Every empty box?
    C'mon!
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When posting a reply to a message (in message post mode) at the very bottom of the posting window (below the attachments bar) you'll see this text:

HTML code is permitted. Special symbols permit some HTML functionality.

Click on the word "symbols" and you'll see them all image

• 66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When posting a reply to a message (in message post mode) at the very bottom of the posting window (below the attachments bar) you'll see this text:

Click on the word "symbols" and you'll see them all image >>

Or, right click on the emoticon, then left click on 'properties', and the name of the emoticon is within the properties address.

e.g. http://forums.collectors.com/i/expressions/groupsmile.gif
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And Princess Summerfall Winterspring, too. >>

• Great stuff. Anyone remember this guy ? He still performs.

• << <i>When posting a reply to a message (in message post mode) at the very bottom of the posting window (below the attachments bar) you'll see this text:
    Click on the word "symbols" and you'll see them all ....

Or, right click on the emoticon, then left click on 'properties', and the name of the emoticon is within the properties address. >>

Thanks, guys. You both told me exactly what I wanted to know, and you couldn't have explained it more succinctly and clearly.
    I am not kidding,

G99G

Every empty box?
    C'mon!
  • speetyspeety Posts: 5,424

<< <i>When posting a reply to a message (in message post mode) at the very bottom of the posting window (below the attachments bar) you'll see this text:

Never knew that, now i can expand beyond my trusty five! -- imageimageimageimageimage
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

Man thats way too much trouble. Scrolling through emoticon after emoticon.

If I see one I like, I just quote the post and voila, its name or photolink code appears in the quoted message.

This will not work for siglines or uploaded images though. My advice is to just post more and eventually, stuff starts sinking in! Well, except for typing screwups! Those never go away. image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

<< <i>Great stuff. Anyone remember this guy ? He still performs.
    image >>

I don't remember him. He must not have made it to California.