Wanted: Franklin PCGS MS 66 fbl 1950 - d

Looking for PCGS MS 66 fbl 1950 -d
Current pop 5 - None higher
Graham N

Comments

• Options

Graham:

I saw one at the Baltimore show; it is held by an ebay
    dealer who goes by "fairtraderz". Hopes this helps!

Ed (flykite)
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    ...you got the # 1 set of Registry Franklins in all the land .............. I would think you would want to show them off and post some pix .......
  • Options

<< <i>you got the # 1 set of Registry Franklins in all the land .............. I would think you would want to show them off and post some pix >>

• Options
    CoinyCoiny Posts: 711 ✭✭
    Hi Graham,
    This is one of the 5! OHAMA BANK HOARD!!
    It is in my NGC Registry set #7. Just wanted to show it off! It is a beauty!
    I am still searching for a 53 S in FBL 65...
    Guess we all have things that keep the hobby challenging!

L=1950 D 66 FBL]image[/L]
    L=Rev - 1950 D 66 FBL]image[/L]
    Coiny
  • Options
    Nice looking 50 D MS 66 FBL!!

I like it..
  • Options
    What a blast from the past!

Since the OP in 2002, the population of those has increased what? 10-fold??

I think thae 50-D has suffered more gradeflation than any date in the series...
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the time of the OP I think I owned 3 out of the first 5 graded. Subsequent to that I ended up with a fourth. I sold one of the three a long time ago and I can't remeber if it ended up in the GRFN set or the JFS set, currently #2 (coiny's coin didn't exist then in a slab.) I am familiar with quite a few of the coins in Graham's collection and he indeed must have a fantastic set of Franklins. I wish he would put up some pics, but it doesn't look like he will do it here as he hasn't posted on the boards in years.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Options
    ...i believe the 52-D he has in his #1 set is a PCGS MS-67 , a coin I bought from John Wooten in PCGS 66 -

it was the very first PCGS graded MS-66 1952-D and well ......there you go ........it now sits in a PCGS 67 slab !!
  • Options
    LRLR Posts: 53 ✭✭
    WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THERE ARE ONLY 5
  • Options
    LRLR Posts: 53 ✭✭
    How much would you be willing to pay for a PCGS 53 S MS 65 FBL?
  • Options

<< <i> Or new discoveries of raw coins in rolls or collections? >>

BINGO!!!
  • Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Do you think the huge increase was due to grade inflation as Bushmaster mentioned? >>

Absolutely. Best example I can think of for any date in any series that suffered from grade inflation.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Options

<< <i>WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THERE ARE ONLY 5 >>

yeah - what are you thinking Jimmy ? with your dipstick ?? image
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>>What are some coins now that might have such a precipitous increase in pop and decrease in price? Are any modern coins not at risk? (of course Franklins are an interesting series, kind of on the cusp of being called classic or modern.<<<

Yes, I would think ALL moderns are at risk. And Franklins are modern not classic.