Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Finally completed my fav set #1 1975 Topps Chargers

Hello to all! Its under Fouts_Montana_12-11-1982, in the 1975 Topps Chargers Team. I finally completed it, and got #1 active all time and current. Of course, I know its a small time set. But it is all I can afford, and I really like the Fouts RC, it's one of the nicest PSA 10's I have seen of any PSA 10. I like the design of the 75 set, I like the banner design for the team name. Hard to find with out print runs, or smears, easily chipped edges, tough set, low pop PSA 10 counts. Thanks for looking! Have fun collecting!

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Nice job . image
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Great set!

link
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Extremely nice cards! Congrats!!!! image
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great stuff. incredible Fouts btw. Congrats!
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the great comments, I do appreciate it! Yes, rexvos, that Fouts is amazing! Truely what a gem card should look like.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Nice!

I like how you've scanned both the fronts and the backs of the cards.

Now get busy and finish scanning the rest of them ... image
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Thanks for the motivation!! All scanned!! Woo Hoo!! image I added the backs for good reading.........hehehehe.........
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the motivation!! All scanned!! Woo Hoo!! image I added the backs for good reading.........hehehehe......... >>

Nice job! image
    Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    What's funny is that in 1975 I collected HARD and I remember how excited I was to get the Don Woods. He was the big name rookie and my friends and I were all thinking he was going to be the next OJ or something. I don't know how many Dan Fouts rookies passed through my hands, since I never paid him much mind. I have always loved this set, but mine is completely raw in Nr-Mint to Mint and I just don't know if I want to pay for all of it to be graded. Congrats on the Chargers. Some of the best looking cards in the set!
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options

<< <i>What's funny is that in 1975 I collected HARD and I remember how excited I was to get the Don Woods. He was the big name rookie and my friends and I were all thinking he was going to be the next OJ or something. I don't know how many Dan Fouts rookies passed through my hands, since I never paid him much mind. I have always loved this set, but mine is completely raw in Nr-Mint to Mint and I just don't know if I want to pay for all of it to be graded. Congrats on the Chargers. Some of the best looking cards in the set! >>

Hi! Thanks for the reply! I don't blame you for not wanting to grade, I rarely grade, for commons, sometimes its better just to wait to find it already graded on ebay. The cost can be the same, after too many failed grades, plus time, effort and postage. I did get a few of these graded, so no complaints here. I remember Woods was a stud! Too bad.......!! No one paid attention to Fouts at first, but once he got rolling, and Coryell with assistant head coach Bill Walsh came along, well you know the rest is history. I really like this set, it's pretty cool. Take care!
  • Options
    My '77 Chagers set is nowhere near as impressive as your '75 set but thought you might want to take a look.
    I love the family truckster parked in the background of the Fouts card.

'77 Topps Chargers
  • Options

<< <i>My '77 Chagers set is nowhere near as impressive as your '75 set but thought you might want to take a look.
    I love the family truckster parked in the background of the Fouts card.

'77 Topps Chargers >>

HAHAHAHA!!! I know, I have always thought the same! That's great! I always thought the Cheerleaders in the background are like: "Hey, did you see Dan's new ride? Sweet wheels, he said he is gonna take me out after the game!" HAHAHA!!! That is one of my fav cards! Also, thanks for the nice words on my set, I never compare as impressive, I'm just a regular person, and I put all my eggs in one basket, as this is all I can afford. What IS impressive is all your sets! Now that is impressive!
  • Options

Great looking Charger set recbball!
    Thank you for adding scans for us to admire.

Since this is turning into a Bolt team set thread, check out my 1962 Fleer Chargers
    Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options

<< <i>Great looking Charger set recbball!
    Thank you for adding scans for us to admire.

Since this is turning into a Bolt team set thread, check out my 1962 Fleer Chargers >>

WOW! That is a sweet Fleer set! I think it's great this has turned into a Bolt team set thread! I like your info comments, especially the one on Kemp. The Mix is my fav in that set.
  • Options
    Awsome set Paul!
    '62 Fleers are tuff.
  • Options
    great set! love seeing fellow charger fans post their sets here. thx for the scans too!
  • Options
    Thank you! Lots of awesome sets in this thread, pretty sweet! I can't believe I just got to upgrade my 75 Harrison Davis RC PSA 9 to a PSA 10 1/2. It was hard enough to find a PSA 9, and within a short period of time of finally finding a 9, one of the 2 PSA 10's shows up on Ebay! That seems to happen to me a lot, I'll search and search, slightly over pay for a PSA 9, then a PSA 10 with no reserve will come along............ image
  • Options
    Congrats...as an increasingly despondant Lions fan of 35 years...this has always been one of my favorite teams ever since the Winslow game against the fins...I still think they win a SB if they didn't have to play in -1000 degree temps in Cincy (what year was that? 84?)...
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    Well, we have something in common! I am a Tigers fan, my mom is from MI, same town as Kirk Gibson, so I grew up a Tigers fan. Winslow was a beast, too bad junior fell too far from the tree. It was 01/10/1982, that stunk, it still haunts me. Nothing to diminish that teams greatness, they should have gave fred dean his money, that might have given them homefield and it would have been at san diego. The Wilkerson and Fouts are my two favs in the set! Thanks!
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on finishing that 1975 Chargers team set! image

I've been wanting to upload pictures of some of my cards, and finally got around to starting it. First ones are my Dan Fouts basic set

Edited to add:

Congratulations to you too Wolfbear on that 1962 set...I knew you'd get that Faisonimage

Steve
  • Options

<< <i>Congratulations on finishing that 1975 Chargers team set! image

I've been wanting to upload pictures of some of my cards, and finally got around to starting it. First ones are my Dan Fouts basic set

Edited to add:

Congratulations to you too Wolfbear on that 1962 set...I knew you'd get that Faisonimage

Steve >>

Just wanted to say that is very impressive! WOW! I bet you are chomping at the bit waiting for a 85 PSA 10 to come along! I know I would be! The 75 set was very fun to put together, many of the PSA 10's are pop 5 or lower. The 75 set has so many flaws, it seems a miracle that even PSA 10's can be found.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Edited to add:

Steve >>

Just wanted to say that is very impressive! WOW! I bet you are chomping at the bit waiting for a 85 PSA 10 to come along! I know I would be! The 75 set was very fun to put together, many of the PSA 10's are pop 5 or lower. The 75 set has so many flaws, it seems a miracle that even PSA 10's can be found. >>

Thanks. There is a PSA 10 1985 Fouts, and it's owner has put it on ebay at least three times over the last ~6 months. I bid on it the first time and was the high bidder (didn't meet reserve). The second time, I bid on it and was prepared to go higher, but the seller ended the auction early. The last time, just a couple weeks ago, I submitted a "best offer" but he refuses to come down from his astronomical price.

On a better note, I just uploaded pictures of my Charlie Joiner and Kellen Winslow basic sets.

Steve
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Edited to add:

Steve >>

Just wanted to say that is very impressive! WOW! I bet you are chomping at the bit waiting for a 85 PSA 10 to come along! I know I would be! The 75 set was very fun to put together, many of the PSA 10's are pop 5 or lower. The 75 set has so many flaws, it seems a miracle that even PSA 10's can be found. >>

Thanks. There is a PSA 10 1985 Fouts, and it's owner has put it on ebay at least three times over the last ~6 months. I bid on it the first time and was the high bidder (didn't meet reserve). The second time, I bid on it and was prepared to go higher, but the seller ended the auction early. The last time, just a couple weeks ago, I submitted a "best offer" but he refuses to come down from his astronomical price.

On a better note, I just uploaded pictures of my Charlie Joiner and Kellen Winslow basic sets.

Steve >>

I had seen your Winslow set listed before, nice to see the pics of Joiner, he was horse that never went down, amazing. Nice set. Nice 85 Joiner as well. I saw those auctions for the 85 Fouts PSA 10, that was crazy. Its a sweet card, but not that high in price. I have learned to just start at $9.99 no reserve with high dollar cards, the auction always ends up at a sale price higher then someone with a reserve, or a same as a someones buy it now with no best offer option, just straight buy it now. Thanks for listing your Bolts!!