Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Cheap wire photo lot Ruth Mantle Robinson Maris Hornsby

Below is what's left. I want to sell it as a lot - $60 delivered for the lot of five pictures. Four are shown below, the fifth is a picture of Rogers Hornsby packing a suitcase (he's old in this picture... I know it's random).

An original wire photo taken in 1938 of Base Ruth with another Babe, Babe Guillermo. On the back of the photo is the caption for the photo as it was in the news. The photo measures 6”x8”.

An original press photo (wire photo) of Roger Maris and Roland Sheldon from 1961. It was taken after the game where Maris hit his 32nd HR. The photo measures 8”x10”.

An original press photo (wire photo) of Jackie Robinson from 1957. The “secret” the caption is referring to is his retirement. The photo measures 8”x10”.

Mickey Mantle press photo from the 70’s. It measures 8”x10”.

Comments

• Got my Maddux cards already. Smooth deal.

Thanks again.
  • Glad to hear - good luck on your collection.

I updated above to reflect what's left.

Below is a ballpark of what I'm asking for the photos

75 Ruth
    50 for both Mantles
    40 Opening Day 1928
    30 Maris and Robinson
    25 DiMaggio
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian - I know you sold your 1965 Topps set awhile back - Do you happen to have any high grade, very high grade, raw or PSA slabbed 1965 Topps embossed that you wanna sell?
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Glad to hear - good luck on your collection.

I updated above to reflect what's left.

Below is a ballpark of what I'm asking for the photos

75 Ruth
    50 for both Mantles
    40 Opening Day 1928
    30 Maris and Robinson
    25 DiMaggio >>

I'm not a photograph collector but it seems to me like these are a steal at these prices.
  • Hey Steve,

Sorry I don't have any of those 1965 embossed cards. I really don't have many cards at the moment. After my couple year hiatus I'd like to get back into the hobby but for cash flow purposes, I need to sell some stuff before buying.

I think the photos are priced well. I'd prefer to sell them as a lot (willing to discount from individual prices). Prices realized on eBay can be all over the place. It's definitely a beauty in the eye of the beholder kind of thing so auction format may be wiser (I was just feeling lazy at the time). I'll probably list them next week.

I listed my Joe D Monroe pics on eBay in fixed price format with the OBO option here and here. I think they somewhat compare to this and this respectively.

• updated to reflect what's left - not many cards, but lots of pictures.
  • I ebayed them - end tonight

link
  • BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice photos.