Home Sports Talk
Options

Dodgers 0-2 since Manny suspended

The Dodgers say they would like him to be in the dugout during his suspended time to inspire the team but I don't think that
is a great idea and not really fair to him to be sitting there when he really wants to be in the game.

There would also be the problem of dealing with the media circus of reporters going to and leaving the stadium.

Comments

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I think it's better that Manny isn't in the dugout during his suspension. and MLB will NOT let that happen....Fans and reporters would make it too big of a distraction for the Dodgers to move forward during his suspension. As far as the Dodgers losing 2 in a row...They've done it a few times this year already. Thursday night their bats and defense looked great but their bullpen let them down. That's part of the game. Last night I would say Zito pitched a very good game and Billingsley made a few mistakes even though he still pitched very good.

I think the Dodgers will be fine at the end of Manny's suspension, but they are young and will have to work through these hard times to stay focussed and move forward.
  • Options
    How are the Dodgers doing since Manny was suspended?

Brian
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    So, when Manny comes back, who gets benched?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Rich, the way Ethier has been hitting, I'd say he'd be the odd man out with Pierre (who has been scorching hot) switching to RF. Still over a month to go, though, so obviously a lot could happen by then. Good problem to have. I was very down on the Pierre signing a few years back, but he's handled himself pretty well with the glut of outfielders LA has had since he came on board. Funny thing is, all he seems to do is hit. Terrible arm, decent fielder, and hits hits hits.

• Options

<< <i>So, when Manny comes back, who gets benched? >>

I'm sure that's a tough one Rich....Pierre has been hot this whole year on and off the bench. Yes he's only a singles hitter for the most part, but he's had lots of key hits and stolen bases to either start or continue rallies and he's scored lots of runs. I'm sure Joe Torre will still use Ethier more than Pierre, but I believe he will use them both depending on the situation......Or maybe Ethier will start hitting well again. I hope he's just been putting more pressure on himself trying to make up for no Manny which has caused some problems at the plate.

Brian
  • Options
    Manny will be starting his minor league assignment on Tuesday and the Dodgers still have the best record in MLB.

Where's all the haters who said the Dodgers were only good because of Manny. lol

Brian