Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

OT: Today's Garage Sale Finds

These old 8mm boxes make for great display. This one unfortunately was missing the film.

Not sure about these, found them mixed in with some photo's. They measure about 2-3/4" x 1-1/2". Are they considered cards?

Comments

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Hey Aric, that's some nifty stuff there. I actually collect fish cards. I believe they are considered cards.

And sorry I never did get back to you about that item i was interested in. I can barely remember what that stuff was you posted, but I was interested in the item from 1967 and wanted to ask some questions. Could it have been playing cards??? Anyway, I always answer PMs, but I put it off for so long??? Whatever, sorry again.

Thanks for sharing that cool stuff. image
  • AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    Hit the sales pretty hard today. Came up with some pretty good loot and thought I would share.

The Batman toy should bring enough to pay for my entire day. I think the Dealers Choice game is really cool looking.

Not yet sure if these are a good score or a great score. They are original but are only the covers . Dates range from 1906-1943, with most from the earlier part of the century. At the very least they make great display pieces.

These are the only sports related ones. They are dated 1909.

Thanks for looking. If anyone has any info on the magazine covers let me know.
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for looking. If anyone has any info on the magazine covers let me know. >>

The last ones are virtually worthless.

I'll send you my address, and gladly reimburse you for shipping.

Thanks in advance.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the fight movie box.

I think the next 2 look like cards - what's on the back?

I think ya had a fun time - cool stuff.
    Mike
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this about the magazines...many larger antique stores and flea market stores sell those magazines relatively cheap - the bottom line is a lot of people kept them, hence they are not rare by any means. But what the yell, if ya wanna sell 'em, ya throw 'em on ebay and see what happens.
  • ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    Those two small black and white ones look like mini-postcards to me. I guess that would still constitute "cards". I'd bet there are full sized regular postcard versions of those floating around out there too.

Rodney
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    I had that Dealer's Choice game when I was a kid (as a matter of fact, about a month ago I was at a used car dealer and they had the center playing piece as a wall display item).
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.