Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Anyone have any PCGS rattler commems? New coin - Antietam, and other commems for swap/sale in 1st po

I need most of them in rattlers. I have non rattler pcgs, raw and NGC coins available for sale or trade.

Update 5/21/09:

I am working on the 50 piece PCGS registry set, and I prefer rattlers. I'll also swap for raw, ANACS or NGC coins with the right "look" to them.

50 Pc Commem Set

Here are my duplicates:

Boone, 1935/34, PCGS 66 (On hold)

Boone, 1936, NGC fattie, MS65

Cleveland, PCGS 64, very flashy (sold)

Iowa, PCGS 66, lovely coin with a hint of toning (sold)

Maryland, NGC 64 (sold)

San Diego, 1936-D, NGC 65, lustrouse and obverse rim toning (Sold)

San Diego 1936-D, PCGS 65, old green holder (sold)

Stone Mountain, 1925, NGC Fattie MS 64 and a upgrade candidate (my opinion, no gaurantee!) (sold)

Stone Mountain, PCGS 65, w/ trueview

New!
1937 Antietam, NGC 66, very nice coin, very pretty light toning on reverse.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options

<< <i>I need most of them in rattlers. >>

I am curious. What on earth for?
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm building a rattler set. Millertime's merc set in rattlers was the inspiration!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades. Why do you need these?
  • Options

<< <i>1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades. Why do you need these? >>

more inspiration.. image

• Options

<< <i>1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades. Why do you need these? >>

I just like the big "zero" mint mark! image

• Options
    Here's an "o" for free.image
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's an "o" for free.image >>

It's more like this... "O" not "o" image

Will keep my eye out for the rattler commems... do you have a list of which ones you already have??? or is it a secret image
  • Options
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOk but mine was free.
  • Options
    Maybe I am missing something, but I thought a "rattler" was a slab where the coin was not securely held in place. Apparently, it is not. So please forgive my ignorance when I ask, what is a rattler?
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe I am missing something, but I thought a "rattler" was a slab where the coin was not securely held in place. Apparently, it is not. So please forgive my ignorance when I ask, what is a rattler? >>

That's a slang term for a "first generation" pcgs graded and encapsulated (i.e. slabbed) coin. Some people thing grading was tighter back then. The slabs are slightly smaller than the current slabs, and the coin may rattle a little inside, hence the term "rattler".

• Options
    Then I assume a rattler is an OGH (Old Green Holder), or perhaps the rattlers are even older.
  • Options
    Yes, a "rattler" is a slightly smaller and older holder then an OGH. I think there is an old post by Conder101 that discussed slab history in detail.

• Options
    I will try to keep a look out for any. I hope you enjoy all the sarcasm that people bring to the table with these threads. LOL to it and enjoy it!
    work it like a rib and shake those juicy doubles!!!
  • Options
    Updated with link to registry set and duplicates available in 1st post.