Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2001 Topps Employee

I don't know a lot about them and I would like to know a lot about them
collecting Dale Murphy and OPC

Comments

• Options
    Anything specific you want to know?I don't want to waste your time with details you already know.
    Mike
  • Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Hard to see the embossed logo on the bottom 3, but it's there image
  • Options
    Well the pictures speak louder than words in the case.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Apparently 150 were made of each - specially embossed copies of the full set, given to employees. I picked up a Biggio a few years ago for $3 or $4, including shipping.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    Little tipsy last night, my question could be describe as a little vague. Damn scotch! The single malts are my weak spot. I would like to get my hands on a Chipper, smoltz, and Bobby Cox, what would these cost?
  • Options
    Unsure on pricing.

This 792 card parallel set was only given out only to employees at the company's Manhattan office during the 2001 Christmas season. It is assumed 151 sets were produced and there is a unique insignia of the Topps logo with "Limited Edition For Topps Employees 1951-2001 Baseball” written around the logo embossed into each and every card.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Unsure on pricing.

This 792 card parallel set was only given out only to employees at the company's Manhattan office during the 2001 Christmas season. It is assumed 151 sets were produced and there is a unique insignia of the Topps logo with "Limited Edition For Topps Employees 1951-2001 Baseball” written around the logo embossed into each and every card. >>

^^ What he said, although I've heard anywhere between 150-200 sets. As for pricing, I paid about $40 for all 4 of my raw Ripken's together, so hopefully that gives you some idea.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I would gladly pay $100 for a set, so I am sure someone else will pay a lot more
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    There was a buy it now this morning on Ebay. My link is not working right now, but here is the item number

Item number: 390045184423
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    If anyone has the Adam Wainwright card from this set I would love to take it off of your hands. Thanks!

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    Alright, which one of you bought it? I've been watching this item for a while and was going to wait until the 15th to pull the trigger. When I saw this thread I cringed.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Looking for a Sizemore if anyone has oneimage
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

<< <i>Alright, which one of you bought it? I've been watching this item for a while and was going to wait until the 15th to pull the trigger. When I saw this thread I cringed. >>

Wish it was me. I was debating offering $250.

Rare set to own !
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Alright, which one of you bought it? I've been watching this item for a while and was going to wait until the 15th to pull the trigger. When I saw this thread I cringed. >>

I think we should blame kshorton image
  • Options
    BarkusDBarkusD Posts: 624
    I bought the set. I will likely crack it and submit the cards for player sets. It was part of a larger package deal with the seller. I can tell you that $250 would not have gotten it done. For those looking for individual cards, there are a ton available through dealers at beckett.com. I'm pretty sure that there were Sizemores and Wainrights for sale there.
    View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>I bought the set. I will likely crack it and submit the cards for player sets. It was part of a larger package deal with the seller. I can tell you that $250 would not have gotten it done. For those looking for individual cards, there are a ton available through dealers at beckett.com. I'm pretty sure that there were Sizemores and Wainrights for sale there. >>

Congrats on the purchase! I was going to do the same thing, so best of luck on the Ichiro. With only 2 graded (both 8's), there's a lot of upside on that set. Please be sure to let us know how the cards grade out. image
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I bought the set. I will likely crack it and submit the cards for player sets. It was part of a larger package deal with the seller. I can tell you that $250 would not have gotten it done. For those looking for individual cards, there are a ton available through dealers at beckett.com. I'm pretty sure that there were Sizemores and Wainrights for sale there. >>

I suspect you'll do quite well on that set. I think these cards seem undervalued, assuming the general information about production numbers and distribution method is accurate. Do note that the embossing process can lead to a lot of chipping, so I'd imagine that high grades might be few and far between. (though I have no experience with that...pure speculation.)

Here are the two Will Clarks in the set:

imageimage
  • Options
    BarkusDBarkusD Posts: 624
    I'll post some scans and picks when I break the set and after I get the cards back from PSA. Hopefully I will have it some time next week.
    View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>so I'd imagine that high grades might be few and far between. >>

There's not a whole lot of data to go by so far. Only 97 total cards have been submitted for this set. The breakdown of grades are as follows:

PSA 7 = 1
    PSA 8 = 21
    PSA 8.5 = 1
    PSA 9q = 1
    PSA 9 = 52
    PSA 10 = 21

A +20% rate on PSA 10s from a set isn't what I'd consider a "condition sensative" set, but the sample is still too low. No more than 3 of any one card has been submitted yet.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I've got the Griffey in the set as a 9. Scored it for $6 about a year ago
  • Options
    I would love to buy the Bobby Cox card if you break the set up, as well as Smoltz and Chipper.
  • Options
    In case someone from the future wants to see a full set...

imageimageimage
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    29 have been graded by BGS, 5 Ichiros, 4 BGS 8 and one 5.

Wasn't this the year of the Bong Puffer card?

Kevin
  • Options
    ^^ That was '03
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    I wonder if any of these will end up in the next group sub?

It would be interesting
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    I picked up the Wainwright last night. Can't wait to get it!
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Bill on 2 different sports cards in the same day.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Pic of set and letter that accompanied it for future reference.

imageimageimage