Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I will bet the farm that you haven't seen one of these before....PSA 10!!

As some of you may remember, I posted a few months back that my wife was on Flight 1549 that crashed into the Hudson. An absolutely crazy couple of days and weeks, but life has settled down nicely.

The FAA finished up their investigation and they have begun returning all of the stuff to the passengers. Two gigantic boxes showed up at the house today. All was surprisingly clean and most stuff was recovered. Thought I would share a little tidbit that we found in the stuff...

...Her boarding pass for the flight...

LIFE IS GOOD!!

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    certainly unique; I'm glad everything worked out for the best!
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Get that slabbed, for real!
    Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com
  • Options
    oh man... congrats on all being fine and safe now. That is definitely a story to have in your family for generations to come. It can't be beat. Your wife forever now has the..... 'that's right, I survived a plane crash, so stop complaining about doin' the dishes' reply.

congrats again man.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, three cheers for Captain Sully.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Ummm...wow. Just incredible.

(Did she happen to notice if she was sitting by anyone named Jack, Kate, Hurley or Sayid?)
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Thanks for posting Mike. I missed that your wife was aboard that plane.

Great news that you're still lucky enough to have her, awesome.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mike ... WOW! That is truly something to save. Glad that your wife is doing well. GOD BLESS!

PS I would get Captain Sully to sign it and then get it slabbed! THAT should be something that gets passed down from generation to generation.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    glad everything worked out. nice keepsake
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    PS I would get Captain Sully to sign it and then get it slabbed! THAT should be something that gets passed down from generation to generation.

Now, that's actually not a bad idea...
  • Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    I would def get it signed, slabbed, and keep it in the family....
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for posting Mike. I missed that your wife was aboard that plane.

Great news that you're still lucky enough to have her, awesome. >>

Agreed.

Bet every morning you have a new appreciation waking up next to her.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    For sure I would try to get it signed by Sully, that would be awesome.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear she made it through fine. Those are the moments that make you appreciate what we have in life.

This would serve a great reminder...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    I kept a piece of my humvee when we got hit by an I.E.D. Definately wasn't a good night...........I still remember it daily

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Glad she made it.

After flying for most of my life, I gave it up about 10 years ago.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    PS I would get Captain Sully to sign it and then get it slabbed! THAT should be something that gets passed down from generation to generation. >>

+1

Great idea. In fact, that's the sort of thing I could imagine seeing in the Aeronautics Museum or some sort of transportation museum some day. (Not that you'd ever let it out of the family, of course...)
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I most have missed that post. That is really cool and I agree that you should get it signed and either slabbed or framed and matted. I am glad your wife and everyone else on that flight was saved.

• Options
    a great story to with that ticket.

You should think about a scap book for this "miracle" in history.

cheers
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Mike, was your wife on a documentary about the flight? There was a woman who had fallen into the river that they interviewed on maybe a History Channel or Discovery Channel special.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I kept a piece of my humvee when we got hit by an I.E.D. Definately wasn't a good night...........I still remember it daily >>

My fraternity bother was able to keep a piece of humvee they removed from his leg from the same type of event. Hopefully the days of travelling in the sandbox inside of giant sardine cans will quickly come to a close and truly armored vehicles will become the norm.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike, was your wife on a documentary about the flight? There was a woman who had fallen into the river that they interviewed on maybe a History Channel or Discovery Channel special. >>

Yes, that was her. We have been surprised at how many times they have actually shown that documentary. It was originally aired in Europe only for the Discovery Channel there, but about 3 weeks after it aired in Europe, Discovery Channel US picked it up and it has been a mainstay on the channel. Still gets us emotional every time we happen to catch it on.
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Great story and I am so happy for you and your family.

God bless.