Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Photography services offered

I've shot a bunch of mine, many of Saintguru's, some for Coinosaurus, and several photo contest coins, so why not yours? I'm currently charging $10 per coin plus return postage. Through the miracle of e-mail, we can work together to get a shot that is accurate and to your liking. Details about my service are here. There are a handful of photos at the gallery link as well as my classic commem set registry (link in sig).

Comments

• Options
    coindudeonebaycoindudeonebay Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭
    I can vouch for the fact that this man can absolutely take excellent pictures. I competed against Mr. Desk in the Photo competition with the MPL that Teddy allowed us to enjoy. I can tell you from first hand experience that far and above Mr. Desks were absolutely fabulous. Personally, I thouht my pictures were second best, except for the obverse color pic that Mr. Utahcoin provided which was fantastic in it's own right.

If you have a beautifully toned coin that you would like to get imaged and have pictures that will do you proud then you must consider this service. I do pictures myself for friends at an average of 2.50 each, but my skills pale in comparison.
  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    How do your coin images compare with Mark Goodman's? And do you have some examples of toned coins you imaged?
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    coindudeonebaycoindudeonebay Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭
    Here is the aforementioned 1912 MPL. And I personally guarantee that the coin looks exactly like this!

Here are the pictures I took, Mr. Desk's are nicer. Mr. Desk's photos were able to cut through the slab better than mine.

imageimage
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should solicit Mr. DorksterKarl. I'm sure you two could come to terms on doing a few. He caint live THAT far from you.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How do your coin images compare with Mark Goodman's? And do you have some examples of toned coins you imaged? >>

Go to the "gallery" link on the web page I cited in my OP. There, you'll see Teddy's MPL that coindudeonebay (thanks for the props, BTW) mentions, and several others, including a toned 85-CC Morgan, a toned Washington medal, and the Norweb 1932 $20 Saint (not heavily toned, just awesome). To page through the gallery click somewhere on the right side of the picture shown and you'll be taken to the next one.

I feel my photos compare favorably with Mark's. I'm not sure we ever went head-to-head in a contest, but I assume any given day we could beat each other. My goal when shooting someone's coins, however, is not to make a picture that's specifically better than his. I want to take a picture that best shows your coin. Artistically, you're going to get two different interpretations from us. Some people will like one, some will like the other. This is why I'll work with you to make adjustments that are to your liking and true to the coin.
  • Options
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is why I'll work with you to make adjustments that are to your liking and true to the coin. >>

From my view point one could hardly go wrong for $10 considering the statement above. By the way, you take great images. Best of success.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Thanks, lablover. Now certainly somebody out there would like some good pics of their stuff, right?
  • Options

<< <i>There are a handful of photos at the gallery link as well as my classic commem set registry (link in sig). >>

I have to say that the pictures of your commem set are simply gorgeous. I have to ask, were they taken with the coins in the holders or before/after they were slabbed?
  • Options

<< <i>I have to say that the pictures of your commem set are simply gorgeous. I have to ask, were they taken with the coins in the holders or before/after they were slabbed? >>

I took all of those with the coins already in the holders.
  • Options

<< <i>I took all of those with the coins already in the holders. >>

Amazing. Really nice work.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd feel more comfortable if your user name wasn't messydesk! imageimageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options

<< <i>I'd feel more comfortable if your user name wasn't messydesk! >>

I suppose I could use an alt "tidystudio" and see if that would work. image
  • Options