Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My 3000th post contest - Winner - bsidegrve. Please PM me

2»

Comments

• << <i>

<< <i>Leah image

I CANNOT Win I cheatedimage >>

Since you not only cheated, but posted the answer and you've ruined this contest, you're now required to send me a wedding present since looking up my wedding registry is the only likely way you could have cheated. I'm not sure how to proceed. Shall I just give a prize to the winner of the tiebreaker?

Thanks Ping, you're like the guy that watched the Jeopardy on the East Coast and tries to impress his friends by shouting out all the answers when the west coast version airs.

I had a roommate like that in college. He would unplug my connection to our router (5 were sharing 4 ports) and come into my room and be like, "is you're internet acting up?" You could have just posted the answer without making it abundantly clear that you cheated and just let it go, but instead you had to ruin the contest. >>

I believe that the correct answer was posted prior to my post. image
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Leah image

I CANNOT Win I cheatedimage >>

Since you not only cheated, but posted the answer and you've ruined this contest, you're now required to send me a wedding present since looking up my wedding registry is the only likely way you could have cheated. I'm not sure how to proceed. Shall I just give a prize to the winner of the tiebreaker?

Thanks Ping, you're like the guy that watched the Jeopardy on the East Coast and tries to impress his friends by shouting out all the answers when the west coast version airs.

I had a roommate like that in college. He would unplug my connection to our router (5 were sharing 4 ports) and come into my room and be like, "is you're internet acting up?" You could have just posted the answer without making it abundantly clear that you cheated and just let it go, but instead you had to ruin the contest. >>

I believe that the correct answer was posted prior to my post. image >>

Yes it was, but that person didn't say - AND THIS IS THE RIGHT ANSWER - that's why I put a tiebreaker in...so multiple people (yes, even cheaters) could get the right answer. Maybe if you read the original post you would have understood that. I'm not mad, just a little ticked off that you were inconsiderate enough to do that. Another member (Fuj) cheated as well and PM'd me to ask if it was ok if he could post the right answer and a tiebreaker guess. I said, yes, no problem. Just post a tiebreaker score. He had enough sense not to ruin it for everyone. You didn't. End of story.
  • Just for the record, I was the first non-cheater to post the correct answer. It's all about timing and I happen to be on here when the cheating answer was posted. Mike, I believe you have my address. image

<< <i>Just for the record, I was the first non-cheater to post the correct answer. It's all about timing and I happen to be on here when the cheating answer was posted. Mike, I believe you have my address. image >>

You'll get nothing and like it!!!! image

Smet posted the correct answer on P1 and I have no indication of cheating. We're just going with the tiebreaker for the contest now. Not a big deal. I spoke to Ping and there was no malice involved.
  • I will be filing a claim Monday morning. Your people will be hearing from my people or at least my people's father's brother's cousin's former roommate.
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    sevendust
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

You'll get nothing and like it!!!!

>>

• lsutigers1973lsutigers1973 Posts: 11,093

<< <i>You'll get nothing and like it!!!! >>

Fine!! I'm taking my toys and going home.

BTW, why did it take you so long to get to 3000? We joined at the same time and have like 7000. Oh yeah, you have a life.
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    How bout 239

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan

<< <i>BTW, why did it take you so long to get to 3000? We joined at the same time and have like 7000. Oh yeah, you have a life. >>

Slow down there cowboy, let's not jump to conclusions. I don't know if posting 6+ messages/day for a year and a half puts me in the having a life realm...it's probably just that sometimes I play a bunch of golf and you don't image
  • smetsmet Posts: 359 ✭✭
    So did I win or did ping sabotage my guess?
  • lsutigers1973lsutigers1973 Posts: 11,093

<< <i>...it's probably just that sometimes I play a bunch of golf and you don't >>

Not so fast there sparky. I quit playing for about a year but started back last week. Have 3 tee times scheduled for this week while my wife is at work. image

<< <i>So did I win or did ping sabotage my guess? >>

Smet, my sincere apologies but once the name was given away I had to use the tiebreaker to determine the winner since people would have just started posting the same answer with the tiebreaker making the decision anyway. I know it's kind of a jip. I promise to make it up to you at some point down the road when we make a trade or sale or something.

With that said, the first poster with 208 Points was bsidegrve. Please PM me and we'll discuss a prize. Thanks for playing. Sorry this was compromised. Wasn't my intention.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Holy crap, 1st time winning

pm sent

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET