Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Overpayment for PCGS services

Hi all-I recently sent in the quarterly special to PCGS packed with some other coins I had to get graded, 2 submission forms, same package. Well, silly me for the quarterly I paid for the $8 handing fee that it says right there doesn't apply for free services...DOH! Has anyone else foolishly made that mistake? I paid 23 or 24 for what shoulda only been like 15 with the return S+I. What do they do in a case like that?--pocket the money and run, cut a check, would I have a credit for future submissions? Thanks folks.

Chance favors the prepared mind.

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Call them tomorrow. I doubt you would ever see the money again if you didn't, and if you call them, you will probably get a credit to your account.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    csanotescsanotes Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'll give customer service a jingle, just wanted to check with the amateur experts on the board first...thanks

Chance favors the prepared mind.

• Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    If you sign the form and agree to your mistakes, no refunds period. YOu will probably get a credit or free submission.. Let us know..image
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their accounting system is a little screwey. I have overpaid on submissions in excess of $100 and unless I call, the money disapears. They say they will credit your account but that's not true. I have in re past sent them extra money to return mint capsules and they kept the money and the capsules. Haven't seen either in over a year.

So, it is up to the submitted to get it right cause PCGS will not notify you unless you underpay.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the same thing last quarter and they did not charge my credit card the extra eight dollars. So I think it is a case of them noticing there is an error. A call will help them know the error was made.
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>Their accounting system is a little screwey. I have overpaid on submissions in excess of $100 and unless I call, the money disapears. They say they will credit your account but that's not true. I have in re past sent them extra money to return mint capsules and they kept the money and the capsules. Haven't seen either in over a year.

So, it is up to the submitted to get it right cause PCGS will not notify you unless you underpay. >>

if they are keeping your $100 without a refund or credit when you notify them, as well as the money/capsules, that is not "screwey" accounting, that is theft.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a bulk submission so the fees were really high anyway. I think I paid them like $30 to return capsules which in the past they would return for free. I had a few problems with bulk orders so I figured I could get Stephanie on my side by paying to have them return the capsules as a good faith gesture. Well, they sent back some capsules but were the wrong ones so I gave up and let it go.

Back when they had the turn around time gaurantre, I had received a credit but they apparently do not apply a credit first and then charge, as far as I know. It may be because my credit was for regular submissions and I had Bren going through bulk for a while.

Regardless, PCGS is still a great company and if you have any problems, give them a call and they will make it right if they are in error. They wouldn't knowingly do anything with an intent to rip someone off.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file