Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

best way to sell

I have thousands of cards from the late 70's through the late 80's of Hall of Famers (Ryan, Brett, Seaver, Jackson Gwynn etc) along with some football of those years. I am going to start selling in lots as either player lots or lots of superstars by year. What way do you think is more attractive to potential bidders?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Comments

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    If you just have the star cards, I would say player lots would do better.

If you also have commons in nice shape, I would sell them all by year for the set builders.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Sell it as one big lot. Doesn't sound like there is a lot of substance there.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have thousands of cards from the late 70's through the late 80's of Hall of Famers (Ryan, Brett, Seaver, Jackson Gwynn etc) along with some football of those years. I am going to start selling in lots as either player lots or lots of superstars by year. What way do you think is more attractive to potential bidders?

Any suggestions would be appreciated >>

Sorry to say if they've been "handled", "played with", they don't have much value. Interesting that from my experience with lots such as these, no matter how you do it on ebay as you mentioned, you will overall get about the same amount of money, give or take a little bit.