Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

GSA Peace Dollars

Is there any premium for a peace dollar that has all of the orignial government packaging with it (the blue soft pack). I think they are pretty cool but I didn't know whether there was really a market for them. Thanks.

Chris

Comments

• Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    It does depend of the shape of the enclosed peace dollar but they start about 100$ and up. They are hot sellers at the right price and can be hard to track down in any numbers. If your lucky you can find a VAM inside
  • Options

<< <i>It does depend of the shape of the enclosed peace dollar but they start about 100$ and up. They are hot sellers at the right price and can be hard to track down in any numbers. If your lucky you can find a VAM inside >>

So ... if I picked up a 1923 for $61.00, I did ok?
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    yes. 100$ is retail but unless the coin is ugly or damaged you did just fine. Check for vams at vamworld.com1923 vams
  • Options
    Thanks for the help crypto ... I will check it over for VAMs
  • Options
    22-P and 23-P are by far the most common dates for Peace dollars in the GSA soft blue packs. Most of these dates are uncirculated.

As for pricing, depending on condition, you can get these on ebay in low mint state condition for $40 to $60.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file