Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Starting to find 2009 Lincolns, in odd ways

In my spare time, while I'm watching a baseball game or something, I like to go through rolls of cents that I buy in boxes from my local bank. Over the past couple days, I've been finding about 2 2009 Lincolns per box, mixed in with all other dates. They appear uncirculated, but it surprises me that they aren't coming in solid rolls.

From what the bank tellers tell me, Wells Fargo in the Phoenix area has a "money vault" where they receive their boxes of coin (rather than from the local federal reserve).

Sound odd to anyone else that they're just thrown in with other circulated coins? Additionally, every bank I've called doesn't have any rolls of the new cents.

Comments

• Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    I haven't found any 2009 cents in my $25 bank bricks, yet.

Might I suggest a copy of Looking Through Lincoln Cents as well as a good magnifying glass or stereo microscope, if you don't already have them.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    I just got one in change at the Kroger's grocery store.

I'm feeling quite special right now image

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got one in change at the Kroger's grocery store.

I'm feeling quite special right now image >>

Haha

I have yet to receive one in change. I actually tried to acquire a few hundred boxes of these by calling the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, as well as about 20 different Brinks coin vaults from Brooklyn to Orlando, and the most I found was 3 boxes in Atlanta, which would obviously not be worth my trip. Oh well...There goes that money-making scheme. image

-Paul
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    I received 50 in a paper wrapper from Cucamongacoin as a giveaway. image
    Paul
  • Options
    I also found some 2009 Lincolns in an odd way recently ... earlier in the week I received two rolls from the US Mint. It was odd because I ordered them in February! image
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Still have not received one, except from Abe himself at the Whitman show. image
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    I haven't gotten any in change yet. The 2008's are just starting to come out in my area more and more frequently.
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>I also found some 2009 Lincolns in an odd way recently ... earlier in the week I received two rolls from the US Mint. It was odd because I ordered them in February! image >>

I think you meant to say March. Give the mint some credit image
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    i ask my bank every week if they have any 2009 rolls in any denomination. all they have is quarters. no lincolns yet i did get one in change at this same branch. i did get my 5 boxes from the mint this week.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A customer got some in change at the cafeteria in the Board Of Trade building last week.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    I found one in the Coinstar reject slot!!!!

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Four rolls showed up at my house. One from a giveaway, 3 from out of nowhere.
    All I could remember is that line "ask and you shall receive".

It's quite surprising, actually. I think I'll quit posting. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file