Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I love junk

Sending off a 73 card sub this morning. Total declared value is $166 with $60 of it for 3 cards.

However, one of the cards is a custom made card of my son. I put it's declared value on the sub form as "priceless".

Comments

• Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    I'll be sending off a 50 card sub later today with a declared value of $50. image
  • Options

<< <i>I'll be sending off a 50 card sub later today with a declared value of $50. >>

With my psychic powers, I can guess the player on most, if not all, of those 50 cards.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'll be sending off a 50 card sub later today with a declared value of $50. >>

With my psychic powers, I can guess the player on most, if not all, of those 50 cards. >>

No, Say it aint So!!!image

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    It's an honor when the man who posts that he loves junk (that sounds dirty but isn't) refers to my group sub as junk! Keep up the good work guys, we can't all collect just Ripken or Griffey cards. It's what makes the hobby interesting.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options

<< <i>It's an honor when the man who posts that he loves junk (that sounds dirty but isn't) refers to my group sub as junk! >>

If the 1980's never would have happened, I would not be a card collector or member of PSA.
  • Options
    Me too !
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    68 cards with about no real value going off today!
  • Options

<< <i>68 cards with about no real value going off today! >>

LOL! If I had put the actual "value" of my cards on the form, my declared value would have been about $70. I just always stick to the $1 minimum on declared value per card since "worthless" is not really a value.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If the 1980's never would have happened, I would not be a card collector or member of PSA. >>

Same here. Nor would I be a music, TV or movie fan either.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever insurance value tier I am trying to stay within ($100, $500, etc...), I always make my declared value fall $1 short of that tier (ie. $99, $499, etc.....) no matter what their real value is.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    If the 80s never happened, lsu would never have worn leg warmers.

<< <i>one of the cards is a custom made card of my son >>

Will they actually slab this kind of card. That would be very cool.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It's an honor when the man who posts that he loves junk (that sounds dirty but isn't) refers to my group sub as junk! >>

If the 1980's never would have happened, I would not be a card collector or member of PSA. >>

image So very true.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Wild Hogs - "If any of you guys look at my junk..."

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I love junk >>

Me too!

I collect sports related whiskey decanters - I'm the King of Krap!

Good luck on your sub - the thing I've experienced here over the years is that the value of what people show me here can't always be found in a "Beckett" but rather in the 'heart' of the collector.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    nightcrawler - yes they will.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options

<< <i>Good luck on your sub - the thing I've experienced here over the years is that the value of what people show me here can't always be found in a "Beckett" but rather in the 'heart' of the collector.
    >>

Wow! That brought a tear to my eye.
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Does this count as Love for Junk?

Especially rollin with junk in the trunk!!

A wax pack display case of 88 Donruss front and center image

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com