Home Sports Talk
Options

'Mannywood'

I read a bit about the Dodgers offering a section of left field seats calling it 'Mannywood'. For $99 (matching his jersey number) you get 2 tickets and 2 'Mannywood' shirts. For Cinco de Mayo, special shirts will say in Spanish something along the lines of 'I went to Mannywood'. Great idea, and I have to wonder if the idea was born to directly contrast the much ballyhooed tickets in new york.

I get the feeling, though, that scalpers will get ahold of them and make them much more than the $99 price. Great concept, though.

Comments

• Options
    edmundfitzgeraldedmundfitzgerald Posts: 4,306 ✭✭
    So long Manny !

Sincerely,
    Jason Bay and the CU forum

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Please allow this post as a public apology to edmundfitzgerald if I ever accused him of being another Tinkerbell alt.

I may have, along with many others, I just cannot remember if I did or not.

So if I did, I'm sorry.

If I didn't, nothing to see here and please move along.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Jeff85fan is indeed Axtell he certainly has reinvented himself (thus far anyway)..I'm just sayin'...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    jone
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    I am actually stevek's alt ID. Stevek, while he likes the Phillies, has a deep down longing to be
    a die hard red sox fan.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So long Manny !

Sincerely,
    Jason Bay and the CU forum

image >>

Dear Big Poppi,

How has your batting average and Homerun count been since I left your team? Oh yeah, dang you look like a disgrace to all professional athletes. Get yourself back into shape and help your team.

Sincerely,
    Manny Ramirez
  • Options
    Dear Manny,

Good luck in leading those Dodgers to the promised land.
    Like Moses, you will never see it.

Sincerely,
    Vin Scully
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>Dear Manny,

Good luck in leading those Dodgers to the promised land.
    Like Moses, you will never see it.

Sincerely,
    Vin Scully >>

Why would Scully talk crap about the Dodgers?? You had me til that point man..... image