Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Modern DDO,DDR, & RPM Washington Quarters

I have a number of circulated Washington quarters that have DDO, DDR, RPM, and some DDO and DDR dated 1965, 1966, 1968D, 1969D, 1970D, 1971D, 1976D, and 1989D. They are listed in the Cherry Pickers Guide, but I want to know if they have a value if they are in the Fine to Extra Fine grade. CP only lists AU or better for these coins and I would like to know.

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Thats a good question to which I do not have an answer!

Certainly any attributed DDO, DDR, DDO/DDR, or RPM coin has some premium associated with it but with most obscure varieties, there is a limited market.

Your best bet is to check the "Interest Level" on the coins you have and then go from there. Pictures and Graded Attributions would also be very helpful as sometimes, and I speak from experience, you don't always have what you think you have as the photo's in the CPG can be a bit limiting for actual attribution.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rare ones seem to sell at very high levels. Of course they are very rare
    with only a couple known. The more common ones do have buyers and these
    aren't offered often so they sell but the price might not be very impressive.

If that's the '76-D DDO it should bring a very strong price.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the clad Washington quarter varieties are very difficult to find. I have some want lists for them, and I would be a buyer for the ones needed. PM me if you want to discuss further.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file