Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2008 Sacagawea

About a year ago I was thinking with the new presidential dollars the Sacagawea may not hold much interest for the main stream. With that simple thought I ordered a roll of each 2008 P/D. Just after I receiving the two 2009 rolls I read in the CDN that 2008s are in demand. Why? What would cause a higher demand for a coin one year after it's release?
Bill
Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---

Comments

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell-out creates demand. High grade creates frenzy. Unsearched creates pandemonium. image Somethin' like that.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, 2008 represented a very low mintage for the Sac Dollars and the last of their kind which always creates interest.

The last record I have of mintages (before they threw the Native American Dollars in) was 1.87 million for each mint. This represents the lowest mintage Sac ever and while the coin is certainly not rare, there are just that many fewer examples from which to gleen a high grade coin from.

That in itself creates a market.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    That's making sense of it. It sounds like they minted 1.87 million then changed the design.
    So if I have this right, there are 1.87 mil with the eagle on the reverse, then the reverse was changed along with the name, Sac to Native?
    Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---
  • Options

<< <i>Sell-out creates demand. High grade creates frenzy. Unsearched creates pandemonium. image Somethin' like that. >>

It also appears they are going to burn out the Native American dollar like the Quarter

"The United States Mint will prepare a timeline of events and personal contributions of Native Americans for the program until at least 2016"

"...The law requires that at least 20 percent of all such $1 coins minted and issued in any year be Native American $1 Coins."

Linky

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file