Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

:-)

Comments

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to disappoint you on your new purchase since it's not really four chicks hanging out but a bunch of drag queens! image

If after reading this the thrill is gone maybe DUIGUY will trade you his remaining Vanilla Coke for it image

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The medal with text within a closed wreath on the side dated 1876 is CM-10/HK-22, 38 mm struck in silver, gilt bronze and copper. Same obverse as CM-11, 57mm, struck in Gold(unique), silver, bronze, white medal and copper. Both CM-10/HK-22 and CM-11 are U.S. Mint made.
    CM-10/HK-22
    imageimage

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If after reading this the thrill is gone maybe DUIGUY will trade you his remaining Vanilla Coke for it >>

I just wish Fletch would inform me of what he is bidding on so I could save a few gray hairs. image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    1876 Medals

Gilt Copper 1876 U.S. Centennial Medal, Julian-CM-11

1876 U.S. Centennial Medal, Julian-CM-11. Gilt copper, 57.6 mm, 102.1 gm. Dies engraved by William Barber. Obverse: kneeling Art and Industry being crowned with wreaths by Liberty, IN COMMEMORATION OF THE HUNDREDTH ANNIVERSARY OF AMERICAN INDEPENDENCE and ACT OF CONGRESS JUNE 1874 around, 1876 in exergue. Reverse: Rising Liberty with sword in right hand, left hand reaching to 13 stars, THESE UNITED COLONIES ARE, AND OF RIGHT OUGHT TO BE, FREE AND INDEPENDENT STATES, 1776 in exergue. R.W. Julian notes in his treatise on the subject that there were "about 7,000 large bronze [medals] struck while only about 2,100 large copper pieces (for gilding) were produced."
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file