Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Picture Request - can someone please show me...

... some 50's & 60's BN/RB Lincoln's with WILD or BIZARRE toning - both AT & NT - and please specify which is which... Also, can anyone tell me: does "splotchy" toning ever occur naturally, and by what means?

Comments

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    30's and 40's but no 50's and 60's.
  • Options

<< <i>30's and 40's but no 50's and 60's. >>

Would love to see 'em, but was really looking for more 60's that anything (Memorial reverse).... I know some years tend to tone differently than others, and I'm curious about the late 50's to mid-60's possibilities.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not mine and was posted a month or so ago. I can't remember which board member is belongs to.

• Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>30's and 40's but no 50's and 60's. >>

Would love to see 'em, but was really looking for more 60's that anything (Memorial reverse).... I know some years tend to tone differently than others, and I'm curious about the late 50's to mid-60's possibilities. >>

Where is LeeG when we need him. image

Check out whats left of his registry, he has the whole set up for sale on the BST.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old shots...

(these are '56/'57 and still in the mint set cardboards)

Different 1956...

1957:

imageimage

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NT (I opened the OBR) 1955 endroll toner
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options

<< <i>This is not mine and was posted a month or so ago. I can't remember which board member is belongs to.

image >>

Thanks Robec, this is close to what I was looking for.... I had been looking at some raw Lincoln's that a dealer had & I was interested in... (due to minor clips, etc.), they were very dark, until I looked at them under a light with magnification.... and the toning almost scared me - it wasn't the smooth color-change or the target style - it was literally splotchy, but then one Lincoln had brilliant splashes of yellow gold (similar too, but larger than the one shown above), and my first thought was AT.... but I'm not at all familiar with toning variances in Lincoln's from the 50's & 60's. So, if anyone can add more NT/AT pics I would greatly appreciate it!! image
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>The 1961 is a proof, just like my 1941 and 1939 are proofs.
    Were you looking at proofs?

Mine are NT

Stefanie
    >>

No Stef, I don't think any were marked as proofs.... as I recall there were: 53, 59, 64-D, 65 & 66. The reason that I was looking at these were for minor clipped planchets, possible thin planchets (weak strikes), and a damaged planchet (missing metal).
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    Here's an endroller.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file