Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I dug this coin years ago, and now it's for sale on Ebay.

relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
Interesting, I was searching around Ebay and came across this 1866 Indian Head Cent. I dug this coin in Marlboro, MA back in 1998. I sold it on Ebay about 3 years ago, and here it is for sale again. It's funny the current seller does not mention that it was dug.

Dug Indian Head.
Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Comments

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't you "out" him by "asking the seller a question" which would have that fact show up on his auction?image
  • Options

<< <i>Can't you "out" him by "asking the seller a question" which would have that fact show up on his auction?image >>

It would only show up if he chooses to have the question show up in his listing. It's optional.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disclosure is 99% honesty and 1% integrity.

It only takes a lack of 1% integrity to mess it up for the 99%.
    C'est la vie.
  • Options
    500Bay500Bay Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭
    Is the seller the person you sold it to?

It is possible that the seller does not know its history, if the coin has changed hands since you sold it.
    Finem Respice
  • Options

<< <i>Is the seller the person you sold it to?

It is possible that the seller does not know its history, if the coin has changed hands since you sold it. >>

Sure it's possible, I have no idea who I sold it to. However, the photos leave no doubt that the coin was dug from the ground.
  • Options
    Well , either way... it's caveat emptor.
  • Options
    jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on that picture, it would be sort of redundant to mention that it was dug...
  • Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    he said it is in "great shape" with "good eye-appeal", what more could anyone ask for?
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960

<< <i>

<< <i>Is the seller the person you sold it to?

It is possible that the seller does not know its history, if the coin has changed hands since you sold it. >>

Sure it's possible, I have no idea who I sold it to. However, the photos leave no doubt that the coin was dug from the ground. >>

Exactly. I don't believe this auction is misleading. The picture is fairly clear (at least that the surface of the coin looks like crap). He doesn't claim it's something else.

Edited because Coolest pointed out that he says "great eye appeal". . . That's just usual eBay hype. I'm just saying he's not trying to pass it off as a BU slider at least.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    He has good pictures. That's all that matters to me.
  • Options
    How do you know its the same one? No two coins are alike?
    Its all relative
  • Options

<< <i>How do you know its the same one? No two coins are alike? >>

Real coins are like snowflakes.
  • Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806

<< <i>Real coins are like snowflakes. >>

I think you mean real collectors are like....
  • Options

<< <i>He has good pictures. That's all that matters to me. >>

Trustworthy BST sellers: cucamongacoin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file