Home Sports Talk
Options

Pittsburgh Pirates: Owned.

It's official...the Pirates cannot win in Milwaukee.

Gallardo was masterful today, going 8 innings, giving up only 2 hits and 1 walk with 11 strikeouts in the 1-0 victory. He even hit the solo homer to put us on the board in the 7th.

Go Crew!!

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, that's really reaching. You do fist pumps when you swat a fly? Pirates haven't had a winning season in something like 15 years. To NOT sweep the Pirates would be sorry.
  • Options
    agreed, its like taking on a team of blind amputees on breathing tubes...and rejoicing in the victory whilst cutting off their oxygen...
  • Options
    How many times today are ou going to use the word "whilst"?
  • Options
    as many times as it takes biznitch image
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>wow, that's really reaching. You do fist pumps when you swat a fly? Pirates haven't had a winning season in something like 15 years. To NOT sweep the Pirates would be sorry. >>

I'm not talking about a 3 game sweep.

The Pirates haven't beaten the Brewers in Milwaukee since May 4, 2007. Since then, we have defeated them 18 consecutive times at Miller Park.

The Pirates haven't beaten the Brewers at either ballpark since May 22, 2008. Since then, the Brewers have defeated them 15 consecutive times overall.

When you can show me domination like that somewhere else, feel free to tell me I'm reaching.

edited to add: the combined season records for 2007, 2008 & thus far in the early 2009 season is 27-7.
  • Options
    Maybe Barndog should change his avatar...

Looks like his one-and-done comment before being shown the door here makes him the king of the "fist pump".

Next.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>wow, that's really reaching. You do fist pumps when you swat a fly? Pirates haven't had a winning season in something like 15 years. To NOT sweep the Pirates would be sorry. >>

I don't agree. It's MLB your talking about. Just as in any pro sport, any team on any given day....you know the rest.

15 consecutive wins over any MLB team is quite impressive.
  • Options

• Options

<< <i>image >>

• Options
    it's still THE PIRATES. So they dominate one of the worst teams in the league? That is not a big deal outside of Milwaukee IMO.
  • Options

<< <i>it's still THE PIRATES. So they dominate one of the worst teams in the league? That is not a big deal outside of Milwaukee IMO. >>

Yep, the same Pirates who were 10-7 against the Cardinals in 2008. They were also 2-1 against the Yankees last year.

18 consecutive wins against a team in the same ballpark and 15 consecutive wins overall is a big deal no matter the teams.

I understand that you're not humble enough to admit that. If you want to look the fool and belittle it, then buzz off, barn fly.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

image >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

image >>

image >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>it's still THE PIRATES. So they dominate one of the worst teams in the league? That is not a big deal outside of Milwaukee IMO. >>

Yep, the same Pirates who were 10-7 against the Cardinals in 2008. They were also 2-1 against the Yankees last year.

18 consecutive wins against a team in the same ballpark and 15 consecutive wins overall is a big deal no matter the teams.

I understand that you're not humble enough to admit that. If you want to look the fool and belittle it, then buzz off, barn fly. >>

when one resorts to calling others names during a debate about baseball, one reveals himself for the person he/she truly is. Thanks for letting me know who you are. Good luck with your Brewers this year
  • Options

<< <i>when one resorts to calling others names during a debate about baseball, one reveals himself for the person he/she truly is. Thanks for letting me know who you are. Good luck with your Brewers this year >>

Typical response when your side of the debate is baseless. Good luck with whatever other threads you decide you want to crap on.
  • Options

<< <i> Good luck with whatever other threads you decide you want to crap on. >>

Crapping is actually healthy. It relieves our body of unneccessary waste.
  • Options

<< <i>The Pirates haven't beaten the Brewers at either ballpark since May 22, 2008. Since then, the Brewers have defeated them 16 consecutive times overall. >>

Updated.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Is this thread really necessary, Pirates are going to set a record for most consecutive losing seasons ever and you are proud of beating them?????? Really why not go kick a dog, steal candy from a baby, start a ponzi scheme or become a TB Bucs fan. Let us suffer in silence you big douche bag. image
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>Is this thread really necessary, Pirates are going to set a record for most consecutive losing seasons ever and you are proud of beating them?????? Really why not go kick a dog, steal candy from a baby, start a ponzi scheme or become a TB Bucs fan. Let us suffer in silence you big douche bag. image >>

LOL...sorry...we were in your shoes not too long ago. The Pirates made us their whipping boys for years...in fact I believe the Brewers were something like 20-42 from the time PNC Park opened until 2007.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Sid Bream's mustache owns.
  • Options

<< <i>The Pirates haven't beaten the Brewers at either ballpark since May 22, 2008. Since then, the Brewers have defeated them 17 consecutive times overall. >>

Updated.