Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Most popular 2009 Lincoln?

renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think it will be the next one on the block....the formative years. The other three are more buildings...cool, but not that much.

I think having another image of Lincoln on the reverse on the "formative years" coin will be the most popular of the series, imo.

Ren

Comments

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the 2004-05 nickels are any historical reference, weren't the peace design the one that most people were least prepared to collect and therefore became the hardest to get (relatively speaking)? therefore the first of the 2009 designs should do the same, and since the mint ordering capability seemed to close quickly, that may back up my theory.

Just my humble opinion
  • Options
    also the peace disign nickel the mint made 250,000 sets i think, and the birthplace design the mint made around 100,000 sets. i think this will be a winner.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget there will be a Business strike and a Satin finish strike that will be the mint set and a proof set I allways go with the Business harder to find the high grades with that one. But that is just me. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>also the peace disign nickel the mint made 250,000 sets i think, and the birthplace design the mint made around 100,000 sets. i think this will be a winner. >>

2004 Peace Medal --- 159,305 (Final Production)

2004 Keelboat ------ 167,925 (Final Production)

2005 Bison --------- 756,137 (Final Production)

2005 Ocean in View - 312,398 (Final Production)

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't forget there will be a Business strike and a Satin finish strike that will be the mint set and a proof set I allways go with the Business harder to find the high grades with that one. But that is just me. image >>

• Options
    I actually like the US Capitol building most. I think it's kinda interesting, though probably it would do better on a commemorative.
    Visit my coin website!

Actively Collecting: Yearly Mint Stuff, Ikes, SBAs
    Passively Collecting: All coins currently circulating
    Type Set: (20th-21st century) First year of issue (or 1901), P Mint, ALL varieties
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>also the peace disign nickel the mint made 250,000 sets i think, and the birthplace design the mint made around 100,000 sets. i think this will be a winner. >>

2004 Peace Medal --- 159,305 (Final Production)

2004 Keelboat ------ 167,925 (Final Production)

2005 Bison --------- 756,137 (Final Production)

2005 Ocean in View - 312,398 (Final Production) >>

thanks for the production numbers!!
  • Options
    it comes out 5-14 at 12 noon.
    CoinQueen
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like today's offering and got 5 "formative" rolls.

Ren
  • Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the "Birthplace" Lincoln. It very well could end up being the lowest produced of the four.

Robert.
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file