Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Walker proof varieties

Is there any information on the initial versus initial-less varities of the 30's? anyway to gauge value et cetera?

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    The only one that I know of that is missing the initials is the 1941, which doesn't command a large premium, if any.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missing initials on a proof Walker fall into the "BFD" category for me. First of all, since they're incuse and toward the edge of the coin, they're easily polished off the die. Second, if I am going to pay Good Money for a proof Walker, it's going to be sharply struck from dies that haven't been ground into oblivion -- as a proof should be. I wouldn't pay a premium for missing initials.
  • Options

<< <i>The only one that I know of that is missing the initials is the 1941, which doesn't command a large premium, if any.

-Paul >>

Every year has reported no initials according to The Walking Liberty book.

wlhb
  • Options

<< <i>Missing initials on a proof Walker fall into the "BFD" category for me. First of all, since they're incuse and toward the edge of the coin, they're easily polished off the die. Second, if I am going to pay Good Money for a proof Walker, it's going to be sharply struck from dies that haven't been ground into oblivion -- as a proof should be. I wouldn't pay a premium for missing initials. >>

I agree with you 100%. I prefer eye appealing meant to be coins strictly. But you also cant ignore that a market may exist for some kind of rarity you may have and end up leaving money on the table. Some tribes in the amazon eat their own shhit. If they were willing to give me gold for my delicious shhit should one ignore it because I dont like shhit?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file