Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My new favorite accessory

krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭

I am loving this loupe that clips on to my eyeglass frame. I suspect it would be Julian-recommended. image I didn't realize how much faster it would be to go through coins with one of these. You won't confuse it with an Eschenbach, but for going through a pile of cents looking for notable varieties it was ideal. You can always switch to your quality loupe when needed.

$3.99 at Harbor Freight.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

Comments

• Options
    intenceintence Posts: 1,255
    should work great since you get two hands to work with
  • Options
    In a store or on their website? There is a store under a mile from me, this would be my buy of the year! I can't stand wearing glasses and using a handheld.
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    In the store. You will love it. I position one of the lenses at the bottom of my eyeglass lens. I can easily look at the coin through my glasses but over the loupe, and if a closer look is needed I tilt my head a little until the clip-on loupe is in the line of vision.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    IGWTIGWT Posts: 4,975
    Geek chic. image
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    I might have to get me a pair or two. Can I use two on the same pair of glasses? Or is that overkill?
    Tom

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I might have to get me a pair or two. Can I use two on the same pair of glasses? Or is that overkill? >>

Double geeky.
    Sounds win win. image
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those would hurt if I clipped them on to my contact lenses.
  • Options
    BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭
    If you could place a piece of white tape across the bridge of those eyeglasses, then the "look" will be complete.
    TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org
  • Options
    SunnywoodSunnywood Posts: 2,683
    Yes, this makes me think of Julian, as well as Harry Bass.
  • Options
    Rob85635Rob85635 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I don't wear glasses but I could get a pair of the lowest magnification glasses I can find at the 99cent store and clip it to that. Or I could find some old frames at Salvation Army and pop the glass out. Now THATS geeky, hehe.
    Rob the Newbie
  • Options
    While very geeky as some have said already, I think its very useful and well thought out.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    They look like the glasses from National Treasure!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,483 ✭✭✭✭

I love it!

Throw in a pocket protector, white shirt, paisley tie, black pants, black shoes, white socks and the costume would be complete!

No offense intended but, I laugh at what I am becoming as thats what I laughed at when I was a kid! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

I am loving this loupe that clips on to my eyeglass frame. I suspect it would be Julian-recommended. image I didn't realize how much faster it would be to go through coins with one of these. You won't confuse it with an Eschenbach, but for going through a pile of cents looking for notable varieties it was ideal. You can always switch to your quality loupe when needed.

$3.99 at Harbor Freight. >>

I'll bet you look really cool and chicks dig it too! image
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is called a anti-chick magnet.imageimage
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374

<< <i>image

I love it!

Throw in a pocket protector, white shirt, paisley tie, black pants, black shoes, white socks and the costume would be complete!

No offense intended but, I laugh at what I am becoming as thats what I laughed at when I was a kid! image >>

......I didn't have those funky glasses but that was the outfit of the day.....!!!!....image
    ......Larry........image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file