Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Desk Mounted Magnifying Glass/Lense

ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
I've read some great advice about loupes recently, but, I was wondering if anyone who looks at a large amount of coins uses a desk mounted magnifying glass and what type/ manufacturer you use?
Thanks
Positive BST Transactions with:
Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123

Comments

• Options
    I don't have one, but I'm thinking of getting one.

The only problem with them is that the magnification is not as high as it is with a loupe.

Going through a roll of Lincolns would be alot easier with one.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharper Image sells a nice desktop magnifier lamp. Here's the exact model I bought (in black). Forgot the price. Nice lid over the glass to keep it dust free. 3 diopter lens has a small 12 diopter lens built into it. Perfect for coins (and watch repair). Good luck trying to search Sharper's website for products.

Bought this at Sharper Image

"When the rule of law collapses, civilization can no longer survive." - Martin Armstrong

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file