Home Sports Talk
Options

NBA Playoffs

bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
40 games in 40 nights?

Can't we just fast-forward to Lakers-Cavs?

Sorry, I haven't had my morning coffee yet.
Capecards

Comments

• Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>40 games in 40 nights?

Sorry, I haven't had my morning coffee yet. >>

Lakers-Cavs is what the NBA and ABC desperately want in the finals. The two biggest names in basketball competing against each other.

Anything else will be a huge disappointment.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a hard-core NBA fan, but I'll be rooting for the "disappointment" finals.

I'd like to see Atlanta vs. Dallas or Denver

(if no underdogs make it, I'd prefer to see the Lakers win over Cleveland)

Go UnderDogs!
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    intenceintence Posts: 1,255

<< <i>40 games in 40 nights?

Sorry, I haven't had my morning coffee yet. >>

lakers and cavs will be a great matchup
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Lakers and Cavs go together like:

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm not a hard-core NBA fan, but I'll be rooting for the "disappointment" finals.

I'd like to see Atlanta vs. Dallas or Denver

(if no underdogs make it, I'd prefer to see the Lakers win over Cleveland)

Go UnderDogs! >>

nobody would watch Atlanta vs. Denver, maybe not even in those two cities
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Lakers and Cavs go together like:

image >>

DAMN POPPAJ! I KNEW I LIKED YOU! NOTHING BETTER THAN HOT BUFFALO WINGS AND A FEW PINTS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think Nuggets/Mavs in the second round has all the makings of a great series?

Cavs v. Hawks/Heat should be a walkover and Lakers v. Blazers/Rockets should be over in 5. The only other intriguing series is The Boston/Chicago winner v. Orlando/Philly. But I really think Nuggets/Mavs could be a brutal 7 game war...unfortunate because after a big time series it will be tough to challenge Los Angeles.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the Mavs/Nuggets series will be a good one. Look for Ryan Hollins to have some big games.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched the Nuggets dispatch the Hornets in game 5 last night. I was impressed with Denver. They are playing very well right now.

Trading Iverson for Billups was a great move for Denver. Billups is a great floor general who is making his teammates much better players.

Nest up is Dallas. Denver swept Dallas 4-0 during the regular season.

If Denver wins over Dallas in round 2, a Lakers/Denver Western Conference Final would be likely. That could be very entertaining, with Kobe battling Carmelo Anthony.

Melo was the #2 pick behind LeBron James in the 2003 draft. He has endured 5 straight round 1 playoff exits with Denver. Not this year.

If Denver survives round 2 and plays in the Western Conference Championship, Melo will finally get some extensive time in the playoff spotlight.

He was a beast last night against the Hornets with a career playoff high in points (he had 34 points when I stopped watching in the 4th quarter). He is big, fast, quick and relentless on offense. Some of his drives to the basket last night were simply unstoppable.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    Denver better not underestimate dallas. I expect this to be the best 2nd round series..
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

<< <i>Denver better not underestimate dallas. I expect this to be the best 2nd round series..
    John >>

Tell 'em John. 4-0 in the regular season is practically meaningless.

Josh Howard was hurt all year and missed two of the games. Jason Kidd missed one of the games. JJ Barea wasnt playing half the minutes he's playing now. And Dallas didnt have the reserve big guys like Ryan Hollins and James Singleton coming off the bench.

I'm not saying Dallas is a lock to win, but I think everyone is putting WAY too much into the fact that Denver went 4-0 during the season. This is the Playoffs baby!
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    The Bulls-Celtics series has to be one of the greatest NBA playoff series in history. I know it's only a first rounder, but damn it's good!!!
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Lakers and Cavs go together like:

image >>

+1 for Poppaimage
  • Options
    lsutigers1973lsutigers1973 Posts: 11,093
    Are the playoffs over yet?
  • Options

<< <i>Are the playoffs over yet? >>

They are for the Spurs image
  • Options
    Denver - 1,

Dallas - 0.

Game 2 is Tuesday night at the Pepsi Center.
  • Options
    A Hawks v. Nuggets NBA Finals would be a ratings disaster for the NBA and the TV Networks.

Hawks v. Nuggets just does not create images of Hoops at the highest entertainment level.
  • Options
    What kills me is when people suddenly are concerned for ratings.

Like I should care what ABC makes for advertising.

When my team is gone (Pistons) I could care less what happens.

I'm rooting for a ratings disaster. Go Orlando and Houston!
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Denver better not underestimate dallas. I expect this to be the best 2nd round series..
    John >>

And best not to underestimate the Rock God in the poster's sig line. All hail to Chris Cornell! Viva Loud Love!
  • Options
    Denver - 2,

Dallas - 0.

Dallas better not lose either of the next two home games. If they do, the series is over and Denver will [amazingly] play for the Western Conference Championship.

It will be interesting to see how game two of the Lakers/Rockets series turns out.

As far as the Eastern Conference goes. Cleveland should beat the Hawks and play the winner of the Magic/Celtics. If Boston loses game 2 in Boston tonight, that series will be over and the Eastern Conference Finals will be the Magic v. Cleveland.
  • Options
    Denver's 4-0 regular season record against Dallas meant nothing in their second round playoff series.

Dallas actually won one game in the series [Dallas should have won two games if the officials had called a foul on Dallas at the end of game 3, but it didn't due to Mello's 3 point shot with 1 second left.]

Games 3, 4 and 5 of the series were actually great games to watch as both teams slugged it out. Even though Denver won by 14 points in game 5, I never considered Dallas out of that game until less than one minute remained.

I think a Denver/Lakers Western Conference finals will be very entertaining to watch. Denver is playing very well and is not showing offensive or defensive weaknesses. The Lakers are playing very inconsistent, at times looking unbeatable and at times looking very beatable.