Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Yeeehaaaa! GO DUCKS GO!

Bring it on Detroit!

Comments

• Options
    That was a great series to watch late night here on the East coast. Congrats to the Ducks beating the #1 seed.......I am hoping for my Caps to pull it out tomorrow night!!!!
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    Screw both of you guys!

But seriously, the Sharks didn't deserve it...now after that great effort by the Ducks the reward is...THE RED WINGS.

Good luck with that...you'll need it!
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    As a Bay Area native, I am in agreement with MooseDog, that being said, great series and congrats, but the better team lost!
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    imageGO BRUINS image
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As a Bay Area native, I am in agreement with MooseDog, that being said, great series and congrats, but the better team lost! >>

I'm not a Hockey fan and I NEVER watch hockey but I gotta make a comment to your reply. If you say the better team lost why do sports teams play each other? Why do we have playoffs and championships? That's to find out who the better team is right? Well that means the Ducks proved they were a better team by winning the series. Sorry if your team lost but they did.

brian
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but the Wings will prevail!!
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>As a Bay Area native, I am in agreement with MooseDog, that being said, great series and congrats, but the better team lost! >>

I'm not a Hockey fan and I NEVER watch hockey but I gotta make a comment to your reply. If you say the better team lost why do sports teams play each other? Why do we have playoffs and championships? That's to find out who the better team is right? Well that means the Ducks proved they were a better team by winning the series. Sorry if your team lost but they did.

brian >>

They have playoffs and championships to generate revenue and to maintain fan interest. It has nothing to do with proving who is the better team, and neither playoffs nor championships fulfill that role.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They have playoffs and championships to generate revenue and to maintain fan interest. It has nothing to do with proving who is the better team, and neither playoffs nor championships fulfill that role. >>

By record the Sharks were the best team in the league. kmnorton's statement is true.

In the playoff against the Ducks:
    - Sharks coach Todd McLellan got outcoached by Randy Carlyle.
    - The Ducks top line outplayed the Sharks top line by far.
    - Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller played out of his mind while Sharks goalie Evgeni Nabokov was ordinary at best.
    - The Ducks power play and penalty killing was far better than the Sharks.

The Ducks were the better team in the series. The great thing about the Stanley Cup playoffs is that you go out there and try to kill each other for 7 games but when it's over you shake hands, congratulate the winner and wish them luck in the next round. The Sharks didn't execute and lost the series so and congratulations and good luck to the Ducks, I certainly don't wish them any ill will, they played great hockey.

The best teams in the NHL are in the Western Conference, and the Detroit Red Wings are on a whole 'nother level. The Ducks barely made the final 8, but they are a better team than the Bruins, who were the best team in the East. Whoever wins the West will win the Stanley Cup.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    The sharks have a history of gagging in the playoffs.

More importantly in hockey than any other sport's postseason, playoff hockey is played, coached and even refereed a little differently. Plus, a single player (usually a goalie) can take an 8 seed to the championship (see Edmonton a few years back, although they lost in the finals). A number 7 or 8 seed rarely beats a 1 or 2 in any other sport, but it happens a lot in hockey. Some teams are built perfectly for regular season, but struggle in the more physical playoff style of hockey and others like the Detroit Yankees, er I mean Red Wings, purchase enough players to have a little of both types of teams.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY