Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Seller doesn't accept Paypal......

I thought sellers on eBay had to accept Paypal? This guy doesn't: link-o

He also ignores questions about it! Wanted to buy something he's offering but he won't address payment issues. Go figure.

Comments

• Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    Just buy it, then file a complaint with ebay when he refuses payment.

• Options
    lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720
    Way I heard it, you don't have to accept Paypal. You do have to accept some sort of electronic payment though.
    I'm not signed up for Paypal. If you buy from me, it's check, money order or electronic funds transfer.
    I haven't sold on Ebay for a few years, though.

Ray
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Says he takes Amex, which is doubtful.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    The only other form of electronic payment accepted is a merchant credit card.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    <<I thought sellers on eBay had to accept Paypal? This guy doesn't: link-o>>

I recently came across a seller who said he took PayPal, but it turns only for verified funds only - no credit cards. What are the rules for this?

• Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Way I heard it, you don't have to accept Paypal. You do have to accept some sort of electronic payment though. >>

That's what I heard too. image
    Ed
  • Options
    This guy is HORRIBLE. I've only had 1 coin not show up and it was from him, I'm standing by my thinking that he ripped me off and didn't send it. He was rude as can be in the email exchange.
  • Options
    hammered54hammered54 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭
    I have bought from this seller before and have never had any problem's... although it's been a few year's..so.
    Successful Transactions.
    Barrytrot(2),Stupid,Savoyspecial,docq,ecoinquest, halfhunter,snman,Coll3ctor.
    wondercoin. Blue594. internetjunky.
    keepdachange. Scrapman1077.Ahrensdad, mrmom, mygrandeoso, blu62vette, Clackamas,giorgio11, adriana, cucamongacoin,
  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    these are the accepted methods of payment...

PayPal
    Credit cards and debit cards
    Moneybookers
    Paymate
    ProPay
    Pay upon pickup...which can be any of the the ones in "other payment methods"... including cash if you pay upon pick-up.
    Escrow
    Other payment methods .....which can be money orders and checks .....if the customer asks if he can pay that way ...and you agree to it.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought several coins from them over several months a year or so ago, with absolutely no problems.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    That's an XF? According to ANA Grading Standards ther should be "Light wear only on the highest points".

Edited to add "High points of bow are worn, but all details are clearly defined". Looks like a Fine + too me.
    Andy
  • Options
    he's taken PayPal from me ... but a much less expensive coin
  • Options
    VF not XF
    Trustworthy BST sellers: cucamongacoin
  • Options

<< <i>Just buy it, then file a complaint with ebay when he refuses payment. >>

Or alternatively, if a seller doesn't offer a payment method you're willing to use, find another coin from another seller.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Lists only Amex as the credit card accepted, and posts his street address in two different places. Pretty obvious what's going on. That said, I agree with potato. If you don't like it, just move on.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Lists only Amex as the credit card accepted, and posts his street address in two different places. Pretty obvious what's going on. >>

That's kind of what I was thinking, too. Even if he doesn't take AMEX, it's clear he doesn't want to take PayPal. I can't imagine why anybody would welcome the hassle of trying to force him to do so.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell him you want to buy it "on approval".
  • Options
    He only takes American Express??? image Try calling his bluff there.
  • Options
    I met Dan a few of the bigger shows, Central States and Baltimore last year. Seems kind of like an odd fellow, and most by a lot of the dealers junk and throws it on eBay.
    Perfect Transactions-Jamericon, bestclser1, DNADave, CoinAuctionsHelp, cucamongacoin, SeaEagleCoins(2), Walkerguy21D, tigermaroo, stainless, keets, pakasmom(2), ELKevvo, joebb1, bstat1020, Hmann, DRUNNER, BigJohnD
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I recently came across a seller who said he took PayPal, but it turns only for verified funds only - no credit cards. What are the rules for this?

If he accepts Paypal he must accept it whichever way you choose to send it.

CC, Debit card, verified funds, echeck.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I would not report him for advertising that he takes checks/money orders.. That's not a dishonest thing and I could care less about working for the Ebay Police dept.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I met Dan a few of the bigger shows, Central States and Baltimore last year. Seems kind of like an odd fellow, and most by a lot of the dealers junk and throws it on eBay. >>

An odd coin dealer? Who knew? image

Actually, I hope that he can pull his little civil disobedience gambit off. Ebay is too powerful, and PayPal can (but doen't always) suck.
  • Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭
    Sellers need to offer one or more of the following electronic payment choices:

PayPal

ProPay

Moneybookers

Paymate

Credit card or debit card processed through the seller's Internet merchant account
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, yes, one of the high volume crap sellers I exclude from searches. These type of sellers are just a waste of time hitting the "back" button.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would not report him for advertising that he takes checks/money orders.. That's not a dishonest thing and I could care less about working for the Ebay Police dept. >>

I agree. Ebay has created a great environment (for their corporate profits) in which buyers will report sellers not just for doing things that might cheat the buyers but for doing things that might cheat ebay out of a dollar. they must have great corporate psychologists. --Jerry
  • Options
    I have bought from this seller in the past and found that his coins are as described and didn't care regarding paypal.... but then again.....I cherried a bunch of r6 and r7 vams as he doesn't care about them.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought sellers on eBay had to accept Paypal? This guy doesn't: link-o

He also ignores questions about it! Wanted to buy something he's offering but he won't address payment issues. Go figure. >>

gotta appreciate & respect someone like that

K S
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    If you do not believe that he takes Amex, win something from him and phone him
    your amex number.

If the item does not come, neg him.

If he claims at the POS that he takes only paper payments call him a POS.

Steve
    Good for you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file