Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I need an idea for a giveaway

I am going to do a giveaway tonight, I need some sort of contest or idea to decide a winner. Any ideas?

EDIT- Okay I got it figured out please see other post for the giveaway imageimageimage: )

Comments

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess the grade would be fun.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get me some recording time with Paul McCartney and I'm in.
  • Options
    Random is always nice.image
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>Random is always nice.image >>

Ditto image
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825

<< <i>Random is always nice.image >>

• Options
    Hmm so I could just use a random number generater and whoevers post it is gets it ?
  • Options
    Make it easy on yourself and give it to me. image
  • Options

<< <i>Hmm so I could just use a random number generater and whoevers post it is gets it ? >>

I've seen people do just that (picked by post number), fair to all. I personally just have one of my kids pick a number randomly, pretty much the same deal.image
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    Stack all of your coins in a pile and take a picture and do a "Guess how many" giveaway.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    a twist is you could have um guess how much the mad ones chicken hammers at
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    You could also make it a "Guess the Date and time of the next "I Hate (ebay, post office, paypal, dealers, etc.)" Original Post in which the OP turns out looking to be the one in the wrong. image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I like it simple, post to get added to the drawing. image

I have to think hard at work, my brain shuts down when I go online. image
  • Options
    You guys are giving me great ideas so far, any other ideas?!

Thanks!
  • Options
    You could post pics of several slabbed coins, and have people guess the grades. That's usually interesting.
  • Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭
    a significant date?

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    How about you pre pick a number and the person who's post is that number wins.
    Missing My Life -PSA-Please Watch- 30 seconds could help someone you know

"If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around to hear it. Am I still wrong?"
  • Options

<< <i>Stack all of your coins in a pile and take a picture and do a "Guess how many" giveaway. >>

Trustworthy BST sellers: cucamongacoin
  • Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    Have a secret giveaway. Post a vague question and only people who open the thread get to know it is a giveaway.
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fill a glass bottle or jar with raw popcorn and have us guess how many kernels are in it. Closest guess, takes the $20.00 gold piece you are giving away! image

P.S. I'm in. Thanks.
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options

<< <i>Have a secret giveaway. Post a vague question and only people who open the thread get to know it is a giveaway. >>

I like those. Ask about half cents or some other coin nobody cares about ( image Just kidding, EAC guys) and then bury the giveaway rules near the middle of the post.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Have a secret giveaway. Post a vague question and only people who open the thread get to know it is a giveaway. >>

I like those. Ask about half cents or some other coin nobody cares about ( image Just kidding, EAC guys) and then bury the giveaway rules near the middle of the post. >>

eunice shriver coins-----------------------------------------------^
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I like those. Ask about half cents or some other coin nobody cares about ( image Just kidding, EAC guys) and then bury the giveaway rules near the middle of the post. >>

eunice shriver coins-----------------------------------------------^ >>

I was thinking that, but people usually chime in to those threads with pictures of Susie B and Michael Jackson image
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, mail me all your coins...

• Options
    here's my next one but it won't be for a several months my guess around halloween or thanksgiving to be sent an recieved by christmas.

A great prize will be awarded the yn and an ok gift for everyone else....

although it saies until card is sold there will be no cost and it will be limited so it will be first come first serve.
  • Options
    You didn't blur that too well, I see 3 "99" lol.
    Its all relative

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file