Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Reverse Hub C 1964-D

I finally found a reverse hub c on the 1964-D washington quarter, I also found 14 reverse hub B quarters and bought all for scrap silver

Prices. I think the 64-D reverse c would grade in the xf to au range which means I still have to locate a unc specimen but I enjoy the search.

The Pointed Leaf below the arrow heads, the well defined tail feathers, and the strong leaf above the A in Dollar are good indicators of a Reverse C Hub

Looking through a pile of quarters, one of these will jump out at you when you find one

I don't know what the value of these are, but the hunt is what makes collecting fun!
Proud to be an American.

Comments

• Options
    TTT may have posted too early in the day or nobody cares.
    Proud to be an American.
  • Options
    Looks to me like it could possibly go MS. I wish the pics weren't so brownish.
  • Options
    Not my cup of tea, but kudos to the people who have the patience to search for these varieties.
    Andy
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭
    Very Cool find!

The Type C Reverse varieties can get very expensive.......very quickly.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    Nice find...looks AU53 to me.
  • Options
    What dates were the type B's?
  • Options
    the Type B's were as follows:

1957 - 1
    1958 - 1
    1960 - 2
    1961 - 2
    1962 - 2
    1963 - 3
    1964 - 3

The only one in UNC condition was 1 1962, these were pulled out of a bulk silver bin at my local dealer's shop.
    Proud to be an American.
  • Options
    That is a nice run of dates there - just missing 1956 and 1959.
    How many quarters would you estimate that you checked? I am guessing about 1,000. What limited data I have seems to indicate undistubed piles of Eastern junk silver quarters usually run between 1 and 2 % B's.
  • Options
    That's probably about right, these were pulled out over a two week period, searching through around 250 or so at a time. Silver moves through his shop pretty fast as it's the only shop in town and people are buying it up pretty fast. I seem to be the only one in these parts looking for reverse hub b's and c's on the 1964-d, I've pointed out to him the difference but he dosen't seem to interested. I have also pulled a lot of BU Reverse hub B"s from albums he gets in, I'm still trying to find a real nice 1961, 1962, and 1964 to get slabbed. I have all the rest in ms65 slabs or better. I've found quite a few 1956 b's, more than 1964 which seem to be real illusive around here.
    Proud to be an American.
  • Options
    I really have no scientific observations and statistics, but my gut feeling is that circulated 1956 B's are not that hard to find. So I can very easily believe that you are finding more 1956 B's than 1964 B's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file