Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Adding images into the set registry?

Is this a feature supported for any level member?

What is the proper procedure for the process - should these files be a jpg. bif, gif and etc., for the image to load?

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    jpeg and it must be under 100K file size. Yes, it is available to anyone who is on the Registry.
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Could you give me a rough estimate regarding the size of a 100k file. Is this measured by pixels, inches or actual number of bytes?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Bytes -- save your scan at no greater than 70%. It is not discernible on the Net anyway. My HP scanner at 70% produces a single card file size of about 50-55K.
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Also if your scanner gives you the choice of dpi's choose 100 dpi's. This should allow you to load your jpeg image without exceeding the 100K memory limit.

Carlos
  • Options
    Thanks!

I had an file name error upon loading an image - is there a way to name a file that best works with this process.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Yes -- no spaces or any weird characters. Just a solid string of letters and number (e.g. "1965ToppsJoeSchlabotnikPSA8")
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    I just use the set and the card #... i.e. 64050.jpg for the 1964 topps Mantle #50... you can also throw in the grade if you want..or the Topps designation...like 64T050P9.jpg ....whatever works for you... I just try to keep it short to save on typing....
  • Options
    Thank for all the answers!
  • Options
    In my opinion, it is best to use the card's PSA serial number for the file name. That way you don't ever have to worry about possibly using the same file name that someone else used.
  • Options
    I don't think that duplicate file names is an issue.
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    I don't think that duplicate file names is an issue.

They are not an issue between collectors however, the same collector can't have the same file name. I found this out the hard way. I listed my 1974 & 1972 #1 cards as 001.jpeg and the 72 card came up as an error. So I renamed my 1972 set with a "C" suffix.

So all my sets have a letter suffix.

Example:

Baseball

1976 F
    1974 A
    1973 D
    1972 C

...and so on.

If I upgrade a card in lets say my 1974 set the new file name will be 001A1.jpeg

This allows me to update my images without a lot of typing. If I did this example 1965ToppsJoeSchlabotnikPSA8 for all 2000 images I would become arthritic.
  • Options
    I got it to work! Thanks for everyone's help!