Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who has a collection of all US coins from some far back date to present?

Who has the farthest date back? Does anyone have all US coins 1934-date? 1900-date? Can be only mint state, only proofs, both, whatever you like...

In 2004 I was very close to having all mint state coins 1934-date, but I sold off everything that wasn't pcgs submission worthy and started work on the same collection in top grade. (I also was only 2 coins (12-s and 14-s) short of a complete mint state Lincoln set 09-date, but sold off anything that I could possibly someday upgrade).

Comments

• Options
    DoubleDimeDoubleDime Posts: 625 ✭✭✭
    I have every regular non-gold issue by date and mint from 1899 to date. I also have a run of Proof Sets from 1955.
  • Options
    SottySotty Posts: 373
    I have BU mint sets from 1934-1958, excluding the 34S peace dollar in Capitol plastic holders
    and all 1959 thru 2007 in Mint packaging. I also have all non satin from 05-07 in 2x2s. I got all the proof sets from 1950
    thru 1954 in Capitol plastic and 1955-2008 in mint packaging. I have some of the BU coins from 1929 thru 1933 and
    hope to eventually have mint sets backi as far as possible and the 36-42 proof sets.

imageimage
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...that is impressive! My complete list would start at around 1957, including proofs and at 1939 excluding proofs.

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    Nice collection DoubleDime! I assume the 1901-s quarter is your key date? That's awesome! Do you plan to go back further? Nice collection too Sotty and ElKevvo.

Anybody else?
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I have every dollar coin made for circulation since 1878. And all the proofs in the moderns.......image
    Becky
  • Options
    I have no complete sets. Most of what I have date from 1652 to about 1840 with no plan or reason, just stuff. image
    People who don't trust other people. Can't be trusted.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file