Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

2009 Lincoln Cents

Which is more valuable on the new Lincoln Cents the Philadelphia or Denver Mint marks? I have a few of the Denver Mint marks that are looking great and not so many of the Philadelphia Mint marks that look almost as good as the Denver Mints. Very few spots on the Denver ones. How does that affect the grade? I'm not sure which ones to submit for a test grade. image
Earlycoin

Comments

• Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Nelson,
    I've been a collector of Lincoln cents for over 25 years. I believe the 2009 series of the coin will be a very interesting and intregal part of the series, particularly since it will include 20 coins. To me, it doesn't matter the grade so much as the completeness. Certainly for 2009 getting coins in MS 67 and PR69DCAM are a given and are readily available for small premiums. But, the real enjoyment of the Lincoln cents series to me is having ALL the coins including major varieties. I may not get all the 2009 coins until 2010 or 2011, but I will get them.
    Steveimage
  • Options
    Thank you Steve, Very true you say about getting coins in a MS67 or better. Looking around I'd say the Denver Mint has made a better grade than the Philadelphia Mint. So, I'll take a chance with the Philadelphia Mint Cents. Good Luck on completing your Lincoln Cent Collection. I will be starting with the New Lincoln Cents and working my way backwards. Thanks again! image Nelson
    Earlycoin
  • Options
    I just thought I would chime in here and say I am putting together a Lincoln Memorial proof set. Will be a slow process as I am sending in complete proof sets to get graded. Good thing is once I am done I will also have a complete proof set from 1959 to 2008.
    My project: Complete proof Lincoln Memorial set. To accomplish this task I am sending in complete proof sets for grading.
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Which is more valuable on the new Lincoln Cents the Philadelphia or Denver Mint marks? I have a few of the Denver Mint marks that are looking great and not so many of the Philadelphia Mint marks that look almost as good as the Denver Mints. Very few spots on the Denver ones. How does that affect the grade? I'm not sure which ones to submit for a test grade. image >>

Nelson,
    In rereading your original post, you MUST realize there are NO Mint marks on the Philadelphia examples of 2009 Lincoln cents.
    Steveimage
  • Options
    Nelson,
    In rereading your original post, you MUST realize there are NO Mint marks on the Philadelphia examples of 2009 Lincoln cents.

I sure do Steveimage
    Earlycoin
  • Options

I just thought I would chime in here and say I am putting together a Lincoln Memorial proof set. Will be a slow process as I am sending in complete proof sets to get graded. Good thing is once I am done I will also have a complete proof set from 1959 to 2008.

Good Luck! Right now there are many of the Proof 69's on E-Bay
    Earlycoin
  • Options
    But where is the fun in that. Sure I can go buy 69's all day but what if I send in a set and get a 70? I like the sense of adventure.

<< <i>I just thought I would chime in here and say I am putting together a Lincoln Memorial proof set. Will be a slow process as I am sending in complete proof sets to get graded. Good thing is once I am done I will also have a complete proof set from 1959 to 2008.

Good Luck! Right now there are many of the Proof 69's on E-Bay >>

My project: Complete proof Lincoln Memorial set. To accomplish this task I am sending in complete proof sets for grading.
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    PCGS grading on business strike log cabins is real tough and the pops are around 25 in ms67 for both P as well as D and they have been selling for around $300 - first days more. Those are the facts. I did a 100 roll search and made only 1 ms67 p mint.
  • Options
    EarlycoinEarlycoin Posts: 110 ✭✭

<< <i>I did a 100 roll search and made only 1 ms67 p mint. >>

Yowser! only 1 ms67! I went through a mint roll and found 1 that looked a bit better than the ms66 I purchased. I decided to submit it just because I can! image We'll see how it comes out!
    Earlycoin

My E-Bay Stuff
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    More facts from an open auction:

2009-P Lincoln Early Childhood PCGS MS 67
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, likewise, slabbed a single MS67RD coin from a search of 5,000 coins recently (and only a couple in total thus far). I expected to slab quite a few more, but, it didn't happen. Another 5,000 coin search was just completed and coins are in for grading. I think in all, my "team" has screened the better part of 25,000 of the 2009's so far. Hopefully, I can double that number soon. But, I really do not like the chances of slabbing MS67RD's from what I have seen.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.