Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Weak Mint Mark State Quarter?? Now with pictures

I would say I have a quarter with a very weak mint mark to the point that I dont see one. Ill post a picture but the Quarter dollar is strong so is IN GOD WE TRUST but I know where the mint mark should be. Would this most likely be a weak mint mark?
Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3

Comments

• Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    This thread is meaningless without pics

+1
  • Options
    atarianatarian Posts: 3,116

Was getting there image but wanted to know if this was known with state quarters where the mint mark wore out before the rest of the strike. There are dings in the field but nothing like others where the mint mark gets damaged. looks like its missing alltogether
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭
    Simply a grease strike through. Quite common on State Quarters with little if any premium.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    any idea which mint this was?
  • Options
    Yep. Most likely a strike through grease. I have a New Hampshire quarter that looks almost the same. The e in We and second t in trust are weak while the mint mark is completely missing.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>any idea which mint this was? >>

can see a trace of anything except post mint damage. herd to tell anything.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file