Home Sports Talk
Options

Holy Crap, Josh Freeman is a beast!

joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
We are doing to need a crane to bring him down.

Sincerely
NFC South D lines

Comments

• Options
    This guy has BUST written all over him. He has all of the physical tools to be the greatest QB of all time, yet……meet Todd Blackledge, Tim Couch, Joey Harrington, Ryan Leaf, Todd Marinovich, Heath Shuler, Andre Ware, and Akili Smith.

Get ready for a long season doormat.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    ha ha mizzou dominated him ! i didnt even think he was an nfl prospect, let alone 1st round after that beatdown.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    First training session. "Learning How To Keep Your Mouth Shut 101."

Freeman: Bucs Told Me Leftwich Was A Smokescreen
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2009, 10:29 p.m.

Somewhere in Tampa tonight, Bucs quarterback Byron Leftwich is likely looking for answers.

Apart from the fact that the Buccaneers picked a first-round quarterback not long after signing Leftwich, the first-round quarterback who joined the team on Saturday said that the Bucs told him the addition of Leftwich was merely aimed at throwing people off.

“It was something they told me — they told me it was a smoke screen, everybody would think they didn’t want a QB,” Freeman said in an NFL.com chat. “They said they were ready to trade up. I think it worked out great. I was sitting there with my family and enjoying it, and I got to go to the team that I wanted to go to.”

On April 13, we posed the question of whether Leftwich is a smokescreen, given that his contract contained no signing bonus and a non-guaranteed $2.5 million base salary for 2009.

As we wrote, “[W]e’re not prepared to agree with Stephen Holder’s take in the St. Petersburg Times that the arrival of Leftwich is “the strongest indication yet that quarterback is not a consideration for the Bucs’ first-round pick in the draft.”

As we also wrote, “We think that the Bucs are still potentially in play for a guy like Josh Freeman at No. 19, and that signing Leftwich less than two weeks before the picks start to fly might persuade some of the folks who might otherwise be inclined to leapfrog Tampa to assume that the Bucs would pass on Freeman if he’s still on the market when they go on the clock.”

But this doesn’t mean Leftwich is the odd man out. If the Bucs are willing to eat the $2.5 million signing bonus they paid to Luke McCown, he could be traded or cut instead of Leftwich.

Regardless, Freeman probably shouldn’t have been so candid about Leftwich being a smokescreen.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We are doing to need a crane to bring him down.

Sincerely
    NFC South D lines >>

• Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SANCHEZ TO COTCHERY.....TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Why does everyone think we brought in Leftwich to be our #1 QB? That was never the case. He is our back up, he will be toting the clipboard. Freeman
    is a beast and will be eating D lines for lunch along with our backs. I know you all don't want to admit it, but domination is here again!

BAM
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>Why does everyone think we brought in Leftwich to be our #1 QB? That was never the case. He is our back up, he will be toting the clipboard. Freeman
    is a beast and will be eating D lines for lunch along with our backs. I know you all don't want to admit it, but domination is here again!

BAM >>

See Gradkowski, Bruce.
    King, Shaun.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why does everyone think we brought in Leftwich to be our #1 QB? That was never the case. He is our back up, he will be toting the clipboard. Freeman

BAM >>

I bet you had no idea who he even was till yesterday and now all of a sudden he is your favorite player?!

He sucks and quite frankly, he is going to the perfect team LOL
  • Options
    This guy is 10 times the size of Shaun King, and oh by the way King has one more ring than does Donovan McSmack.

Panthers are going to have get bigger in the off season to keep up with what we are doing!

Repeat after me:

THIS IS GOING TO BE SICK!

JS
  • Options
    Not only is this a horrid pick for Tampa Bay, thanks to him being coaches buddy, they moved UP to get him. Face it, Tampa Bay has made the worse offseason moves of any team in the NFL...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Better than the druggie that the Vikes reached to pick..nice! How much did you all pay Sid Rice?

LMAO

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Not only is this a horrid pick for Tampa Bay, thanks to him being coaches buddy, they moved UP to get him. Face it, Tampa Bay has made the worse offseason moves of any team in the NFL... >>

I know everyone like to give the resident Bucs fan a hard time, but to suggest it was a worse pick than either of the Raiders picks is a bit off. The Raiders skipped on Crabtree then went after a seventh rounder in the second. They signed Garcia (who is accurate but not a strong arm) then draft the fastest WR which is a total and complete mismatch.

From what I've seen on tv, the Bucs moves in releasing who they released were tied to them going in a new direction due to their defensive coordinator leaving. The new guy apparently wants to get away from the cover 2 scheme and go with bigger linebackers. /shrug

Another team with a bad offseason could be the Broncos. Bungling the Cutler situation could be seen as the worst move of the offseason as well.
  • Options
    He's a beast....a real killa!!! LMAO!

• Options

<< <i>He's a beast....a real killa!!! LMAO!

image >>

I bet if he was holding for a game winning FG he wouldn't budda finger it!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>He's a beast....a real killa!!! LMAO!

image >>

I bet if he was holding for a game winning FG he wouldn't budda finger it!

JS >>

and I'm sure all he will be doing IS holding for field goals LOL!
  • Options
    Word on Freeman is he has trouble understanding any play that is more complicated than "Get open." Opposing Ds are going to feast on this cupcake...Bucs better dumb down the playbook and QUICK!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Get open? ahh ok

Sincerely,
    Antonio Bryant and K2

• Options

<< <i>Word on Freeman is he has trouble understanding any play that is more complicated than "Get open." Opposing Ds are going to feast on this cupcake...Bucs better dumb down the playbook and QUICK! >>

Hmm Freeman is a QB not a WR?

• Options
    I just got a glimpse of the Bucs playbook this year:

1) Pass for score
    2) Run for score
    3) kneel down at the end of the 4th

I think Josh and his shotgun of an arm can handle that!

BAM
  • Options
    << Word on Freeman is he has trouble understanding any play that is more complicated than "Get open." Opposing Ds are going to feast on this cupcake...Bucs better dumb down the playbook and QUICK! >>

Once the TB coaches see him respond to the speed of the NFL game, they may want try him out at wideout, too! LOL!!

• Options

<< <i><< Word on Freeman is he has trouble understanding any play that is more complicated than "Get open." Opposing Ds are going to feast on this cupcake...Bucs better dumb down the playbook and QUICK! >>

Once the TB coaches see him respond to the speed of the NFL game, they may want try him out at wideout, too! LOL!! >>

After our backs pound D lines into submission, Josh will have hours to throw, you don't think K2 and Bryant can get open?

Think again!

Kevin

PS Mets still suck
  • Options
    << << Word on Freeman is he has trouble understanding any play that is more complicated than "Get open." Opposing Ds are going to feast on this cupcake...Bucs better dumb down the playbook and QUICK! >>

Once the TB coaches see him respond to the speed of the NFL game, they may want try him out at wideout, too! LOL!! >>

After our backs pound D lines into submission, Josh will have hours to throw, you don't think K2 and Bryant can get open?

Think again!

Kevin

PS Mets still suck

Hope springs eternal! image

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, Joey's in for a big disappointment.
    I loved when KU played K-State, Josh was always good for 3 or 4 huge mistakes that would cost K-State the game. He's not a good decision maker, nor is he an accurate passer.
    He wasn't even one of the top five best QB's in the Big Twelve last year.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

<< <i>Haha, Joey's in for a big disappointment.
    I loved when KU played K-State, Josh was always good for 3 or 4 huge mistakes that would cost K-State the game. He's not a good decision maker, nor is he an accurate passer.
    He wasn't even one of the top five best QB's in the Big Twelve last year. >>

Did K State have nuclear weapons like Josh is going to have now with the bucs?

I didn't think so!

JS
  • Options
    Did K State have nuclear weapons like Josh is going to have now with the bucs?

I didn't think so!

JS

You mean the same weapons that lost four straight to choke away a playoff spot and who couldn't even beat Oakland at home to get in through the back door? Those "weapons"? LOL!!

• Options
    It's 12:49 am and Josh Freeman still sucks.
  • Options
    It's now 7:29 am and Josh Freeman still sucks
  • Options
    Its 10:04 and Josh Freeman has the same number of rings than does Tony Romo

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Its 10:04 and Josh Freeman has the same number of rings than does Tony Romo

JS >>

LOL.. that was a good one!
  • Options
    It's 11:23 and Jon Gruden is still unemployed.
  • Options
    Face it, if you would have got Harvin you would be praising the football Gods and calling him baby Jesus. Minnesota took a chance on him, and I'm pretty sure they did OK with their last "chance" AD ... The Bucs are NOT improved after the draft, the Vikings WILL be improved. Face it!!!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This guy has BUST written all over him. He has all of the physical tools to be the greatest QB of all time, yet……meet Todd Blackledge, Tim Couch, Joey Harrington, Ryan Leaf, Todd Marinovich, Heath Shuler, Andre Ware, and Akili Smith.

Get ready for a long season doormat. >>

Why does he have bust written all over him? meet Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Joe Namath, Kurt Warner, John Elway, and Steve Young
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got a glimpse of the Bucs playbook this year:

1) Pass for score
    2) Run for score

BAM >>

Here's the Bucs quarterback playbook - "Get the hiked football, run for your life"
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I just got a glimpse of the Bucs playbook this year:

1) Pass for score
    2) Run for score

BAM >>

Here's the Bucs quarterback playbook - "Get the hiked football, run for your life" >>

Maybe a few years ago, but our O line is very good, plus we are paying Mike Clayton a boat load of money cause he can block!

I can't wait for football season this year, nothing like the bucs taking on the NFC (L)east to open the season. I have a feeling this is going to be the
    year of smack for us!

JS
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Don't hold your breath. I'd like to see the Bucs do well, but Freeman is not going to be the savior.
  • Options
    I hope you are prepared to be in hiding all season, the Bucs will be a horrible team next year.... Face it ....Time has come for you to jump wagons again!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>I hope you are prepared to be in hiding all season, the Bucs will be a horrible team next year.... Face it ....Time has come for you to jump wagons again! >>

When will the love boat take off this year? Will Tice be stearing? Will AD be there? That would be a nice way to start the season for Harvin and Vikqueens!

JS
  • Options
    Oh now that was soooooo original.

Tampa will be bad for the next few years, write that down. Minnesota is on the verge of their best years...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>Oh now that was soooooo original.

Tampa will be bad for the next few years, write that down. Minnesota is on the verge of their best years... >>

note to the Vikes, you STILL have no QB and everyone is going to be stacking the box!

There is a positive...you still play the Lions twice!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>

note to the Vikes, you STILL have no QB and everyone is going to be stacking the box!

JS >>

That is a great point.

Unfortunately for you, that goes for the Yucs as well. Esepecially if Leftwich will be holding the clipboard as you say he will.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

JS >>

That is a great point.

Unfortunately for you, that goes for the Yucs as well. Esepecially if Leftwich will be holding the clipboard as you say he will. >>

Who knows McCown could be the next Matt Cassel!

JS
  • Options
    Even without a star Qb we are in the mix! Its entierly possible that Sage or Tjack can take this team all the way. It is NOT possible that Josh Freeman, Mccown, whoever will take TB ANYWHERE!

BAM!!!

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>Even without a star Qb we are in the mix! Its entierly possible that Sage or Tjack can take this team all the way. It is NOT possible that Josh Freeman, Mccown, whoever will take TB ANYWHERE!

BAM!!! >>

Come on, I know its fun poking fun at him, but you honestly believe that Rosenfels or Tavaris Jackson is anything of a passing threat? I am still curious as to why Minnesota didn't make a bid for Garcia. While not a rifle arm his accuracy would have made Minnesota the prohibitive favorite in the NFC north. No offense, but I doubt that either of Minny's two QBs are keeping D coordinators up at night.
  • Options
    We didnt go after Garcia because we went after Sage . Not sure that there is much difference between the two. I'd take alot of guys over what we have (Bulger) but I can roll with either.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Cmon, beef, the only thing that you have to look forward to is you play in a bad division. THAT is the only reason you have a chance this year. Well at least
    you won't have to lose to the bucs again this year!

Good luck with Sage, Im sure there is something there that neither the Skins or the Fish saw!
    JS
  • Options

<< <i>We didnt go after Garcia because we went after Sage . Not sure that there is much difference between the two. I'd take alot of guys over what we have (Bulger) but I can roll with either. >>

I know you say this because Sage is on your team, but you're going to tell me you honestly believe it? Garcia has been a winner everywhere he has gone, Sage has been nothing short of a bust in his career. Don't get me wrong, I like the Vikes, AP is a beast and that defense is unbelievable, but I can't think you honestly think that either Sage or Tavaris is the answer at QB, do you?

Also, TB is in a world of hurt as well. They gutted their entire team and use their first round pick to get a QB? Curious and questionable move...I don't get it. They need depth on that team now that the cupboard is bare.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    I like Rosenfels, I think he's pretty good. (although he needs to protect the ball better while scrambling).
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    He can't be worse than Daunte was can he? At protecting the ball, man he had butterfingers...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sage has been nothing short of a bust in his career. >>

What in the world are you talking about? He was drafted in the 4th round and was expected to be a lifetime backup QB. If anything, he's exceeded expectations by playing for 9 seasons. He's been reliable, a great teammate, and shows flashes of a great arm.

To put it into perspective, think of a former alias here, axtell. If he sells phones from mall kiosk and lives in grandma's basement for the rest of his life, does that mean he's a bust?

No, because everyone knows he's a loser troll, who plays D&D in his spare time, and he will never do anything significant with his life.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts