Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I dropped again

I can't believe I dropped again, is there no mercy hereimage That's OK I will add a coin in a week or two when I get them back from PCGS. image With a little (or maybe alot) of luck I can get a nice 66FB dime to help my setimage good luck to all
Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snakes Pat they are ALL Snakes.
      Pat: Watch out for Al also. I know he has a couple more that are not in his Set yet. He is also Putting a Very Nice Set together. I'm getting Envious !image
        One more Edit.
          I see Jim only believes in Putting 4 Dimes in at once.imageSure wish this Pocket Book could do that.
            Take Care: Ken
          1. Options
            CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
            Sorry to have bumped you, Pat, but I probably won't be adding more for at least another couple weeks. Good luck with your latest submissions.

Ken, I'm hoping to be able to grab a few common date Merc's in upcoming auctions, but I'm not likely to get 4 more in a short period of time. I sure wish more of the eBay sellers would end their auctions at a time when I'm home and can monitor them more closely. I have internet access at work, but I often seem to lose track of time there, and miss out on a lot of coins I'd like to snipe......err....I mean bid on. That '39-S does look pretty nice, but so does the '21-D (that would really blow my budget. I wonder how often THEY show up?).
            Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
          2. Options
            gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
            This is like one step foreward and two backimage but fun.
            Ken you where right about MTH=maskman, he did sell me some nice spot free Merc's,im waiting for him to pull them from the registry so i can list themimage
            Ptvetter,good luck on your submission.And the same to all.Al
          3. Options
            Al: Tom has nice Coins as a person would expect from a guy that I am guessing has been Collecting for 40+ years. Boy he will probably slap me if I am wrong on that statement.image
              Well talking about Nice Coins. Just received a couple from Rare Coins of New Hampshire. Did not need them for the Registry but the Price on Ebay was very Attractive. The Coins are "DROP DEAD GEORGEOUS". If you have not checked these guys out I think it would be worth your Time. Jon who I dealt with is a Member of these Boards.
                Well its almost 3PM West Coast Time better go to the Registry and See who Added what.
                  See Ya Later: Ken
                1. Options
                  I agree on RCNHimage Nice stuff and great to deal with.Al
                2. Options
                  DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
                  I just wanted to give Jon another plug, as I bought a really nice Merc from him a little while ago. Very easy to do business with.
                  Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
                3. Options
                  Pat: Have You been over at the Registry since Yesterday Afternoon?? Some Up-Grades were Posted Yesterday.
                    Al: Did you get them ALL from Tom ?? If you did they are all Nice Coins. Nice Score and Nice Additions. The Rate you are Going your Set will be Complete in Another Week or So.imageimageimage
                    1. Options
                      tggrtggr Posts: 748
                      Hey Pat,
                      Don't feel bad I have been slipping also.

Al,
                      You have a great set going congrats on the new additions.

Rayimage
                    2. Options
                      AL is Relentless !!! Watch Out Joshua.imageimage
                        So Far Al gets My Vote as "The Set Putter Togetherer of the Year" What Do You Guys Think??
                          Al: Really You just know I am Funnin With You.image about a HUNDRED TIMES.
                          1. Options
                            Het guys i never stayed with a set /series as long as this one.And only because you all make it fun.
                            Ken the only 2 coins i didn't get from Tom was the 29 and 29-S Heritage .Keep it going image.Al
                          2. Options
                            I see that Al is taking the elevator ride to the top. Silly me, I was one coin behind him a day or two ago and thought I might actually be hanging in there. Soon he will be breathing down the neck of the first page. We are all watching! Ken, the 39-S needs to come to my home... you really need an FB coin for your set.
                          3. Options
                            merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
                            You guys have had all the fun.Now watch the Lincoln Proof collectors within the next week and a half.You'll see some stiff competition and friendly rivalry.
                            Don
                            Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
                          4. Options
                            DeepCoin: Now that Ken has another set, I'd say he needs it also! image

You guys arn't gonna let a bidder named "susie" out-bid yas, are ya?!? LOL! image

We need w/ & w/o Full Band/Head sets! image

Regards,

Don

Full Bands and
                            FULL Heads RULE!
                          5. Options
                            Don: The SUSIE statement has Brought Tears to the EYES again. ROFLMAO again !!!!
                          6. Options
                            Interestingly, I dont think we need a FB and non FB set of Mercurys. I am happy to fly beneath the radar in 19th place. Lets not draw too much attention to the non FB coins, or the prices will escalate. What do the Full Steps Jeff collectors think if youa are reading this? SLQs do not have FH and non FH sets and they are really expensive coins!

I have pulled in most of the reasonably inexpensive coins, so now I will be saving my pennies and not doing too much.
                          7. Options
                            PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
                            OK enough is enoughimage. I don't remember ANYONE asking permission to pass meimage I don't recall even seeing a turn signal or hand signalimage Isn't passing without a signal, illegal or somthing like thatimage well You all wait untill my two low grade coins come here and I add them to my setimage. I remember at one time before everyone had set here I was at least #10image Here is my signal going UP!
                            Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

8. Options
                            DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
                            Pat, I think you said it wrong when you said "there is no mercy." You mean there is no "merc"-y.

Doug
                            Doug
                          9. Options
                            vam44vam44 Posts: 291
                            Hey Pat!
                            I got a hand signal for ya...image Same one the graders use for your submissions!Ha Ha just ribbin you, better coins are just around the corner (in the other sets!)image
                            A dealer once asked me if I noticed any three-legged buffalos on the bourse,to which I replied,"...no,but I saw alot of two-legged jackasses..."