Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2009 platinum bullion eagles

Has the US Mint produced any 2009-dated platinum bullion eagles? I see none for sale on either ebay or Apmex. There seem to be no plans for the collectible version either. What the heck is going on?
Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    None made or offered yet.
    Possibly later in the year.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    No platinum and no plans for platinum
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Has the US Mint produced any 2009-dated platinum bullion eagles? I see none for sale on either ebay or Apmex. There seem to be no plans for the collectible version either. What the heck is going on? >>

Heck, good luck finding any Platinum Eagles!

2009 is in flux on all typical bullion offerings from the Mint and I believe it will get tighter.

2008 was a berry good year!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    FoxerFoxer Posts: 164 ✭✭
    I just checked the scheduled products listing and it states:

12/3/2009 American Eagle Platinum Proof Coin

Ouch... according to the price grid they will be between 1,500 and 1,700 based on the current spot price.

Anyone think these will be worth it in the long run?

• Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just checked the scheduled products listing and it states:

12/3/2009 American Eagle Platinum Proof Coin

Ouch... according to the price grid they will be between 1,500 and 1,700 based on the current spot price.

Anyone think these will be worth it in the long run? >>

I think back when the 2008 UNC ounce came out is was over $2000 a coin and barely sold any. Tomorrow I will look up the price and see what the sales were, I am guessing it was a few hundred before they pulled it.
  • Options
    levinlllevinll Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    2009 One-Ounce Platinum Proof Coin Available December 3
    Coin features first new reverse design in multi-year series

WASHINGTON - The United States Mint announced today that it will begin accepting orders for the 2009 American Eagle One-Ounce Platinum Proof Coin at noon Eastern Time (ET) December 3, 2009. Orders will be limited to five units per household.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file