Home Sports Talk
Options

Pre draft maneuvering for Mark Sanchez is getting intense

At least 6 teams are interested according to ESPN with all kinds of trade scenarios being thrown about. Hard to say where this will
end up and I wouldn't be surprised if negotiating was still going on during the draft itself.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen his stock rising in mock drafts that have him going as high as number four, assuming current draft order. Anyone see a respectable mock draft (if such a beast exists) with him going higher than that?
  • Options
    thats because trent dilfer has a crush on sanchez....any team that takes a QB in the first round is asking to set their franchise back 5 years..

they have to revamp the system..WAY too much money goes to unproven rookies....

do you know how much brandon Jacobs makes? $400,000.......something is wrong bigtime with the nfl pay schedule...
  • Options
    mommam17mommam17 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    Phil Simms said he went to watch him workout and was going to be critical of him. He said he was outstanding, nothing to be critical of. I can understand the interest.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    yeah but some people had Ryan Leaf ahead of Peyton Manning too. There has been many recent 1st round QB busts so I would be concerned drafting a QB in round 1 unless he was a proven stud 2 to3 years in college and you still may get burned.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i would like to see teh jets get a shot at him. i think clemons should get a shot but it wouldn't hurt having sanchez
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Besides Carlson Palmer, USC has produced some not so great NFL QB's over the last twenty years.

They play in a conference where secondary coverage is a little weak.

Not suprising that Jay Cutler (Vanderbilt) proved to be a better QB then Matt Leinart (USC).
    The SEC usually gets a lot more secondary players drafted in the NFL then the Pac-10.
  • Options
    Leinart's career has been off track not because of the PAC10 but for a variety of reasons, not the least of which has been Arizona's lack of ability in correctly handling his development. Confidence is everything for a QB. What AZ should have done is had Leinart sitting and made Warner the starter, instead of bringing Warner in in 'key' situations.

Now, Leinart's career is likely to never get on track.

Now, Pete Carroll is on record as saying that Sanchez isn't ready for the NFL...I wonder how much of that statement is actual opinion and how much is it his wanting to have had him another year. I'm not sure what another year against competition he's easily better than would have helped. Sanchez needs to be in a pro system, watching at the NFL level to advance his game.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i would like to see teh jets get a shot at him. i think clemons should get a shot but it wouldn't hurt having sanchez >>

got your wish
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    J E T S JETS JETS JETS!! HAHAHA!!! GOOD MOVE BY THE BROWNS!!!
  • Options

<< <i>J E T S JETS JETS JETS!! HAHAHA!!! GOOD MOVE BY THE BROWNS!!! >>

I agree. If they didn't get a good enough offer for Quinn then trading out to get more depth on defense that they need was the right move.

Also, if you're a 49ers fan, how can you not love Crabtree falling to you at 10?