Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

DNW Site Down - AGAIN!

Wow, these guys are something else with their website. Using the same laptop and office computer, I can sometimes get them and other times not with no predictability. What the heck is going on? They have some interesting content and I like to keep up with what are upcoming lots but it really is ridiculous trying to use the site.
Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
Well, just Love coins, period.

Comments

• Options
    DNW?

Gary
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Just tried myself, no problems getting to the site.

It is, without a doubt, the most frustrating site to get to though! Ability to get to the site seems to mainly depend on your ISP, many times I cannot access it from home but have no problems from work.

Note: DNW is Dix Noonan Webb, the London based auction house. Link
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have looked at their site for years, they have changed absolutely nothing in over 10 years. It is as though they are frozen in 1996 or something. Amazing they can sell anything but maybe they use book catalogs that are a bigger draw than the website.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Actually, they have completely revamped their website in the last 6 months. In my opinion it is much better and more reliable now than it ever was in the past.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farthing - thanks as this link actually works for me now at work....Yes, they do have good catalog sales. I have vought in the past from them many times although their pickings seem a bit slimmer of late.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.