Home Sports Talk
Options

If you could change one thing about sports what would it be?

For me its Basketball

The final minutes of a Basketball game take forever!!
The teams have so many time outs!! imo it takes away from the flow of the game.

I would love to see fewer time outs per team allowed

Mark
--------------------------------------------
NFL HOF RC SET

Comments

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    1. Get rid of TV timeouts on NFL games. I no longer watch live because of the interminable TOs. I TIVO games.
    2. Get rid of Chip Caray.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>1. Get rid of TV timeouts on NFL games. I no longer watch live because of the interminable TOs. I TIVO games. >>

Ditto. Football is a great sport but it's being ruined by commercials. It's even worse during games that would be exciting too like high scoring games. There's a score. Commercial. There's a point after. Commercial. There's a kickoff. Commercial. It sucks.
  • Options
    Gambling should be illegal on all major sporting events.

• Options
    Overtime rules in the NFL. College rules with the distance longer, maybe starting at the 45 or 50 yrd line.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    refs should be shot if they F up a call that anyone watching TV could of made.

JS
  • Options
    All sports gambling should be legalized in all 50 states. Eliminate these shady bookies, and tax and regulate the hell out of it. The same arguments I have for legalizing drug use. People are going to do it whether its legal or not (just like drinking during prohibition), instead of wasting law enforcement dollars, court time, and jail system resources on it, legalize and tax it, then you get twice the benefit. No money for criminals and good people stay out of jail.

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Super Bowl and BCS title game would no longer be played on neutral fields.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need groupies for fans.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Pete Rose should be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pete Rose should be inducted into the Hall of Fame. >>

I agree....MLB wants it both ways...They have lots of Pete Rose's game items in the hall but not him.

brian

• Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    All salaries and ticket prices rolled back to 1980 levels.
    It costs too much to attend games and the players are way overpaid for what they contribute to society.

Players shouldn't be paid more than their managers/coaches.
    That's why the people in charge have no control over these
    pamped, spoiled athletes.

Okay, so that's two things.
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    MLB season shortened by at least 2 weeks so that playoffs do not drag into late October when the nighttime weather is often more cold
    and unpleasant.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Salary cap for NFL rookies. It's a disadvantage to get a high draft pick as you cripple your franchise for years unless you get a GEM MINT 10 pick!
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    How about ESPN without hockey highlights......

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Eliminate warm-up pitches when there's a pitching change.
    Baseball is slow enough.

From the time the manager moseys on out there........the pitcher slowly walks to the dugout........out comes the next one.........he prances around the mound like a cat in a litter box.........gets 10 warmup pitches..............out comes the batter.....

Then if that pitcher gives up some walks or whatever and it happens again.......ugh! Puts you to sleep!
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    College football = Playoffs

Hockey = More fights

Boxing = Bring back Tyson

Golf = 9000 yard courses, make par a winning score

NFL = no preseason longer season

NBA = No suggestion, just don't like it

MLB = More donnybrooks, fewer suspensions

Nascar = 65 car fields at Daytona and Dega, plus restictor plates everywhere!

MLS = move to Europe

WNBA = move to Europe
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Judges be excluded from all championship boxing matches.

Championship Boxing matches should be to the finish.
  • Options
    intenceintence Posts: 1,255
    superbowl better commercials
  • Options
    True playoffs for college football
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    ALCS/NLCS and World Series games are played too damn late in the evening.

Same for Basketball

Beach Volleyball should do away with the bikinis (too constricting).

Womens tennis should be nekid too.
  • Options

<< <i>True playoffs for college football >>

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    "ALCS/NLCS and World Series games are played too damn late in the evening."

By the time all the pre game hoopla is over and the game actually starts it is usually around 8:30 PM meaning the game
    is probably going to go past midnight.

It would be better if the first pitch happened around 7:00 PM but I doubt that will happen.
  • Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Manditory drug test everyone, and have STRICT rules that are enforced.
  • Options
    I agree that the LCS and WS are played way too late at night. It gives kids basically no shot to watch anything past the third inning...heck, once I hit the couch after 8PM it is only a matter of time before the eyes start to get heavy, so I don't make it a lot either.

I also hated that I had to listen to Jack Buck instead of Vin Scully for the post season. Scully should have been a staple forever! I guess some people liked Buck, but everytime they show Gibson's HR and they have the Buck audio associated with it, it lessens the impact. When I hear Vince's, I still get the chills.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    # 1 College Football Playoff

# 1A Day games for the World Series
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭

<< <i>All salaries and ticket prices rolled back to 1980 levels.
    It costs too much to attend games and the players are way overpaid for what they contribute to society.

Players shouldn't be paid more than their managers/coaches.
    That's why the people in charge have no control over these
    pamped, spoiled athletes.

Okay, so that's two things. >>

i second that..i would go to tons more games.
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    I never could understand why spectators have to be silent while pro golfers perform, yet thousands of fans scream and yell when a mlb player is trying to hit a ball coming at him @ 95 mph from 60 feet/6 inches away, while the ball is spinning, curving, sinking and rising all pretty much at the same time! Not to mention while using a long, round narrow piece of wood with which to hit it!

All a golfer has to do is hit a small, round ball that is not moving. Yet we have to be quiet for the golfer, but not for the baseball player.

See, I don’t think that’s fair. But I don’t really want baseball fans to be forced to be quiet while a batter is trying to hit. What I want is for golf fans to be allowed to make all the noise they want whenever someone is trying to hit a stationary golf ball. They should allow for “golf chatter.”

PoppaJ

• Options
    smetsmet Posts: 359 ✭✭

<< <i>I never could understand why spectators have to be silent while pro golfers perform, yet thousands of fans scream and yell when a mlb player is trying to hit a ball coming at him @ 95 mph from 60 feet/6 inches away, while the ball is spinning, curving, sinking and rising all pretty much at the same time! Not to mention while using a long, round narrow piece of wood with which to hit it!

All a golfer has to do is hit a small, round ball that is not moving. Yet we have to be quiet for the golfer, but not for the baseball player.

See, I don’t think that’s fair. But I don’t really want baseball fans to be forced to be quiet while a batter is trying to hit. What I want is for golf fans to be allowed to make all the noise they want whenever someone is trying to hit a stationary golf ball. They should allow for “golf chatter.”

PoppaJ >>

Thats just not true. Have you ever seen Happy Gilmore? image