Home Sports Talk

Does MLB provide extra "combat pay" when pitchers face the Phillies?

stevekstevek Posts: 27,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
If they don't, then they should...constant screaming baseballs being batted back at you standing only 60 feet away can be dangerous.

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    also, when the Phillies are in town at opposing ballparks, those ballparks should consider charging a bit extra for seats in the outfield stands because the chances of getting a HR baseball from a Phillies player are pretty good considering the quantity.
    1927 who?
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    man this team can mash. Once Rollins gets out of his funk its going to be sick!

Vic, Utley, Howard, Ibanez, Worth.....almost unfair.

NO MAS NO MAS

JS
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With that last post, I believe Stalin the Stain has exclipsed the record for stating the phrase "This is going to be sick" in a single season. Of course, not being known for originality and/or wit (see exhibit A: BAM!), this is not at all surprising. When asked to comment on his record breaking day, he responded by shrilly blowing a tuba at an unidentified reporter before crawling under his Sucs bedspread sucking his thumb..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I consider degrading the Cowboys while talking Phillie smack at the same time to be quite a talent, not as much as say, Beethoven Op 111 but none the
    less fun!

JS
  • KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    By "Combat Pay" I hope you are refering to opposing outfielders that are getting batteries thrown at them during the games.

Philly locals are degenerate losers who have turned their city into the armpit of the east cost...

<< <i>By "Combat Pay" I hope you are refering to opposing outfielders that are getting batteries thrown at them during the games.

Philly locals are degenerate losers who have turned their city into the armpit of the east cost... >>

I always recommend AA batteries for the best combination of distance and stopping power. The AAA batteries are a bit too small to have any affect, and the A batteries are only good for short range throwing because of the weight, although if it's a big player such as an NFL lineman, the A battery may be necessary.

• << <i>Vic, Utley, Howard, Ibanez, Worth.....almost unfair. >>

I love when a diehard bandwagon fan can't even spell the names of "his" team's players.
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>

<< <i>Vic, Utley, Howard, Ibanez, Worth.....almost unfair. >>

I love when a diehard bandwagon fan can't even spell the names of "his" team's players. >>

I was getting ready to write the exact same thing. But this entire thread is worthless anyway. Because everyone knows that my Cardinals with are going to win it all. I mean with a lineup consisting of Puholes, Green, Duncon, Ankle, Shoemaker, Wainright, Molena, etc. no one else has a chance!

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey

• << <i>I mean with a lineup consisting of Puholes, Green, Duncon, Ankle, Shoemaker, Wainright, Molena, etc. no one else has a chance! >>

Don't overlook the Bavers. Once Chiper Gones is healthy and Brain McCane starts hitting, we will be tough to compete with.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I noticed the Mets have 7 guys all hitting above 300.

I noticed that the Phillies are a sub 500 team.

BAM

Steve
    Good for you.