Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

summer kird ape - mtg

hi all-

can anyone tell me why a summer kird ape just sold for $227 on ebay? is there something special about the ape? most summer commons usually sell between 50-90 dollars. just curious.

-will
jasper

Comments

• Options
    Hey Will,

Kird Ape is a very playable card, not just some regular common. It's no different than a Summer Purelace selling for $200-300 while a Birds of Paradise sells for over $2K, even though both are "just rares". Hope this helps!!

Take it easy,
    Jared
    "You consider me the young apprentice,
    Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes,
    Hypnotized by you if I should linger,
    Staring at the ring around your finger" - Sting

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.
  • Options
    Almost makes me want to bust my pack of Summer to see if there is an Ape inside.
    NOT!

I can see the Ape closing for more than a normal common but that seems to be quite a nice premium for the seller, wow.

Len
    Tap4Black
  • Options
    Hey Len,

Yeah, Summer cards have been selling for crazy money as of late - in fact, there's been quite a bit of discussion about that very fact over on the Librarities website.

Makes me really glad I have no interest in them image

Take it easy,
    Jared
    "You consider me the young apprentice,
    Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes,
    Hypnotized by you if I should linger,
    Staring at the ring around your finger" - Sting

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up Jared.
    I've not had much interest in the site since Bob and Ralph let it go but I guess I should take a quick visit to see what is going on in the world.
    I think I still remember my login information image

Len
    Tap4Black
  • Options
    thanks jared and len!

jasper