Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Will there be a Legacy proof set this year?

OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't see 2009 Legacy proof sets on the Mint's scheduled products listing. If the sets are made, there don't appear to be any Lincoln dollars reserved for the sets, although the Braille dollars could show up there. 2007 and 2008 Legacy sets were short issues (due to very limited ordering periods) and are bringing premiums to issue price on eBay.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

Comments

• Options
    ttt
    Salute the automobile: The greatest anti-pollution device in human history!
    (Just think of city streets clogged with a hundred thousand horses each generating 15 lbs of manure every day...)
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the dollar sets with the ASE is not on the list either.

funny, when I've asked about it, the mint people always said it will eventually come out.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I was told by the Mint earlier this year that the American Legacy Set is discontinued and will not be released for 2009.
    Coin Update - Coin Collecting News and Articles - Updated Daily.

Mint News Blog - US Mint News, Product Information, and Commentary.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can find a way for Moy to make a trip somewhere to promote it, and guarantee him media coverage, it would happen image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>I was told by the Mint earlier this year that the American Legacy Set is discontinued and will not be released for 2009.<<

That gives the set a short 4-year run. I wonder if in the future it will be collected in tandem with the similar Prestige Proof Sets of the 1980s-1990s. Many of the Prestige sets are selling well over the combined prices of the coins within them. The last two Legacy sets had much smaller sales than the lowest Prestige set. I think the 2007 Legacy set was about 28,000 and the 2008 was about 21,000.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file