Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Sacramento Coin Show Experience

19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
Went down to the Sacramento Coin show on Friday and did not leave disappointed.

This was the first show I have been to in a liong time where I dod n;t buy every friggin coin I thought might be something special so I did leave with a couple of bucks in my pocket!

I came home with several coins but only two are worth noting. The first was this 1971-D Eisenhower.

Nothing of particular to note such as, not a Friendly Eagle or a Peg Leg. Not even a Talon Head but if you zoom in on the Mint Mark:

Its the newest RPM discovery for the IKE Series! The MM was first noticed by Tom Kalantzis and submitted to John Bordner (NCADD President and their MM attributor) for attribution. It has been labeled as "1971-D WRPM-001". Needless to say I was very excited to come across this specimen since I already have a ton of 71-D's of which 0 display this particular Mintmark!

The second item of note was a blank Type 2 Arizona State Quarter planchet that our very own ZeeBob gave to me. Zee reported his find in this thread last November. In that thread I explained how excited I would be to come across such a find so Zee was nice enough to just give it to me! I was simply floored! image
This is one coin which will always be special!

Thanks Zee!
I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee is one of the guys who truly enjoys coin shows. He has a lot of fun and when he came by to say hi, he already had a bag of goodies in hand.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice pickups!

• Options
    All I can say is that I'm really grateful that Zee caught me as I was on my way out the door because I didn't bring a change of pants (which I should have)!
    That was truely an amazing gift for me!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    19Lyds, I was happy to have caught you. I didn't know which day you would be there - so it worked out for both of us. Your IKE wisdom and continued support of this forum are very much appreciated by a whole bunch of us here on the forum. Thank you!
  • Options
    As an update, there are several more IKE RPM coins out there.

Specifically:

1974-D/D WRPM-001
    1974-D/D WRPM-002

1976-D T1 WRPM-001

I have no pictures of these since I don't have any ( image <sniff> ) but they are out there.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Nice find. I'm always somewhat amazed when people discover these things. Congratulations.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was amazed that at the show the past weekend I started talking to 19lyds without seeing his face, I just saw what he was looking at and knew it was him.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>I was amazed that at the show the past weekend I started talking to 19lyds without seeing his face, I just saw what he was looking at and knew it was him. >>

I was amazed I could remember your name Ted! image

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file