Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Ichiro S. Rookie Card Question...

All,

If I was looking to pick up a PSA 10 Ichiro RC, what would be the best one to go with. Basically, whats the best, most affordable RC for Ichiro. I want to pick one up but I don't know which way to go. Basic Upper Deck, Bowman, Topps, etc.? I'm looking for the most likely card that would make it to the Key Card sets for things like 3000 hits, if he was to get there some day. Any advice would be great.
Le Mieux Collection
#19 All Time 500 Goal Scorers
#41 All Time 3000 Strikeouts Club
#25 Cal Ripken Jr. Basic Topps
#4 Greg Maddux Basic Topps
#7 Ryne Sandberg Basic Topps
#1 Fank Thomas Rookies 100%
#1 Chipper Jones Rookies 100%

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Making it to 3000 Major League Hits may be a tall order for Ichiro. He's at 1809 right now, but he's already 35 years old. He played nine seasons in Japan where he had 1278 hits, but in order to get 3000 in the Majors, he'll have to play at least 6 more seasons, while hitting at least 200 each year. It's totally possible, but it won't be a gimme.

To answer your original question, I always liked his Topps RC.
  • Options
    Thanks Jeff,

I agree, it is a tall order for him to get there, but regardless, he is looking at the hall and I really like several of his RC, but there are so many, I'd just like to know what is the best way to go. I like the Topps, Bowman and UD, but I'd also like to pick one up that will be worth it down the road.
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options
    There is a set registry for future and potential hall of fame rookie cards, and they have the following listed for Ichiro:

2001 SP AUTHENTIC ICHIRO SUZUKI #91
  • Options
    I just picked up the 01 Bowman in a 10 slab for $20. It might not be the best card, but for the price I couldn't pass it up. Plus it was a good pic of him. I'm also contemplating picking up the Bowmans Best too. We'll see. Just nice to have one of his rookies. I also really like the Bowman Heritage. I might try to put together all of his Bowman rookies. Who knows, that will be for one day when I have ran out of other things to collect image
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    SP Authentic is Ichiro's best mainstream rookie card.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    RangermanRangerman Posts: 276 ✭✭
    BTTT
    Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)