Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1963 Jello question.

I have a card to send in to be graded that is in great shape. Above the upper border it says" Hey Kids! Collect the entire set of 200 trading cards."
If I trim it any closer it will cut into the black border. My question is will the writting above the border be a negative facter in the grading.
Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Hi mijm,

My suggestion based on the 2 PSA graded examples below, would be to trim the card as close to the outer part of the black line as possible. Notice, on the PSA 7 Yaz below, that only the top border of the card shows the black line whereas on the PSA 6 Koufax, the black lines are visible on all borders. The sharpness of the cut seems to be the ultimate factor, not the lines.

Hope this helps!
    PoppaJ
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say cut as close to the lines as you can, but keep the black lines.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    You can cut on the lines, but there must be a portion of the line showing all the way around the perimeter of the card or you will see at best a PSA 6, probably a PSA 5 and if too much is missing, you'll get an AUTHENTIC. You DO NOT need to leave the ENTIRE black line (trimming just outside the border).