Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

1964 SMS PCGS MS64RD

I just bought one of these at my local coin shop for $1100 i was wondering if any one has seen any auction prices for these. I'm not sure if i over paid or if i got a great deal any ideas or past auction prices?

Comments

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heritage has a PCGS SMS 65 coming up in 12 days. Past Heritage auctions show several, the last being a PCGS 64 R&B in Sept of 2005 going for $2530. So if you have the coin in the mint plastic or an already certified holder..YES you got a great deal.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Incredible deal!!! Wanna make 50% immediately? image
  • Its kinda funny it was tagged for $1500 and i offered $1100 cash and he accepted. I am thinking i may send it in for auction (maybe teletrade) i really wanted a much higher grade than a 64RD but its a nice looking coin overall a few hits but full red.
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Its kinda funny it was tagged for $1500 and i offered $1100 cash and he accepted. I am thinking i may send it in for auction (maybe teletrade) i really wanted a much higher grade than a 64RD but its a nice looking coin overall a few hits but full red. >>

I would feel honored if I were you. I know that there are others graded higher, but not many have one, let alone seen one, or know about the 1964 SMS set. Great find, you got a heck of a deal.image
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • considering there but 12-20 sets of the 64 SMS in existence, not many may have been broken up as such. I'd be flattered to have one of the 2 sets that I have seen.

I'd hold onto that one and try to find the rest of the set, but it will be somewhat costly to do.