Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

RIP Mark Fidrych

BOSTON (AP) Prosecutor says former pitcher Mark Fidrych found dead under pickup truck at his home.
Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com

Comments

• Options
    cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    News today said it was an apparent accident and it was under a dump truck? Does anyone know if something like the transmission fall on the guy??
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Mark Fidrych was one of the iconic sports individuals for me. I was 16 years in 1977 and a Tiger fan. Hemade the game alive, fun, attainable - definately a great baseball ambassador even though he considered it a priveledge to play.

John
    Wondo

• Options
    In another forum I expressed that even though I never
    personally met Mark, he seemed like a REAL down-to-earth type of guy.

Very likable and I believe he brought to a down-and-out Tigers team in
    the late 1970's a spirit that will live on forever.

RIP Mark

Tony
    KalineFan

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Growing up in Detroit I had the pleasure to see him beat the Yanks at Tiger Stadium.It was probably his greatest game of all time.

Thanks For The Memories.

Tony (fiveniner)
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    Terribly sad news...the entire reason I am still collecting the 77 set because from the age of 10 I desperately hoped to find the bird rookie with each and every pack I opened. The single greatest story I have seen in baseball over my lifetime.
    Thank you Mark RIP
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    never knew him..never watched him..

id like to start.

Loth
  • Options
    i loved when he talked to the ball, patted the mound, high fived the other players........

He really loved the game!
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    sad to see the bird go. he'll be missed.

RIP
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started